1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are we here? I need to vent out! Advice is very welcome

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TyTy91, Mar 10, 2017.

1. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So as of right now I am working 2 part time jobs and I am going to school full time. It is pretty stressful. I am in school for video production. My dream was to always work in the entertainment industry. Those of what my interests are. Though I am not that good at it Im just average.

I dont know whats going on with me now. I feel like apart of me is slipping and me knowing that I have went over my head and that im not cut out for this. I have to second guess myself do I really want to work for tv and film? I hope my depression symptoms are not coming back.

I am 25 years old turning 26 at the end of this month and I work at 2 discount stores going to school and still live with my parents who came around with my sexuality but are still anti LGBT.
    I don't have a lot of real friends I mean I have zero. Though the people I know on facebook are married getting married having kids getting their diplomas/ graduate school traveling. I am happy for them but me myself I feel sad. I see they have a purpose here on earth. Maybe I should get off social media. I have absolutely idea why God put me here? i am asking myself what the hell am I doing here on this earth?

I really dont have any other skills that I am good at. My primary job that I work at is a very small business. So they cannot afford me to get medical insurance benefits and etc. I do eventually need to find another job that is easy and that I can do. With more hourly pay. $9 an hour sucks and benefits. Medical dental eye.

I feel like I need to write down a list of activities/ volunteer what I always wanted to do or interested in so something might come up. Even though I have anxiety issues

AsI am reading this I think the depression is hovering over me again. I don't know. :help:

#1 TyTy91, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Couple important questions.
    How long have you been in school?
    And how much longer do you have to go?
    Do you really need two jobs?

Working two jobs and going to school, you deserve a pat on the back for working so damn hard. Seriously, I only worked one crap job while going to tech school. I think anyone gets a little down when they are busting their butt and it seems like others are achieving their goals. I know my sister was pretty down when her friends were getting married and in good jobs while she was still in school.

Taking a step back to examine things isn't a bad idea. You live with your parents, so do you really need two jobs? I get the be independent part, but perhaps two jobs is hurting your academics or staunching a little creativity that would put you above average. I can tell you from experience lots of stress or way too many hours at work makes it hard for me to be creative.

Maybe you just need a break, a few days or a week to unplug, relax and de-stress. Clear your head and get your end goal of production back into focus.

3. GreysAnatomyfan

Going through a similar experience as you. For me things are getting worse and worse, feeling depressed and hopeless. Feeling life is pointless :frowning2:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something about the mid-twenties seems to trigger the feelings of "why am I bothering with this? what good am I? what good is life?". No idea why that is. It sounds like you might be flirting with depression again, so do keep a close eye on things.

Lex

5. WMM

WMM

Social media is a destructive media. Especially if you believe the glossy lies other people spew. It's so easy for their lives to look rosy and happy when they get to select what is portrayed. And some of them may divulge negative things, yes, but it's still all lies. Just all lies.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe all those self serving posts really do truthfully represent those peoples lives, hopes, fears, insecurities... but I'll never believe it.

Just something to think about. Social media sucks the life out of people by giving people completely unrealistic expectations.

I wish you all kinds of better. But please, don't compare yourself to people on the net.

6. musicheals315

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can definitely relate, I'll be 31 tomorrow and work a full-time job, about 40 hrs/week, and a part-time job which depends on the week but usually about 20 hrs/wk. I work every single day, I will be taking my first day off for 2017 in a week and a half. I keep questioning how much of my struggle right now is because I'm so stressed out all the time. I also wonder if my stress has brought on more stress by bringing up all this questioning (gender identity/sexual orientation) and at the very least my work life does not allow me the time to go see a therapist. I know I can relate to not knowing what I'm doing here and not feeling like I'm that good at my job, but not having any other skills to go off. I don't know that I have any advice, but wanted to let you know that I relate and you are not alone.

7. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate man. 26, still in school, working all the time when I'm not in class, no time to socialize any more and no friends around to socialize with...plus the general feelings of disconnect that I've come to associate with being trans...

I'm studying visual arts. What am I going to do with a degree in that? How many more part time jobs can I hold down before I lose it? The thing that stands for both of us though, is that we've got too much time invested into our degrees already to back out. Yeah, maybe it is depression creeping up again, but we can't afford to let it take the wheel and derail our progress so far. And even on the days it doesn't feel like it, we have made progress, haven't we? I don't know how much longer you have to go, but you can get through it.

As for social media, I know I have major problems with it. I get depressed when I use it, and unproductive, too. I'm trying not to use it much for the time being. Taking note of your feelings when you use social media might help you decide whether or not you should cut back on it.

When you put depression and anxiety together, you find that you're in a state of mind where you don't feel motivated to do a damn thing, but at the same time you start criticising yourself for not doing a damn thing, which only makes you feel worse, and it becomes a cycle. Break that cycle. Start small, make a list. Find time to do the things that give you a sense of meaning.