1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Usual story

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lonewolf79, Mar 15, 2017.

1. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi all

I got home from work and the usual "wild west" started with my mom again having a go at me and how I have this attitude etc... but... this time she actually said things would be better if I found alternative accommodation. WOW! I have done so much for them and sacrificed... but... this didn't come as a surprise. I almost knew this was coming... I feel relieved because it isn't a secret that she is the root of most of my depression and she is the reason I have to hide and suppress being gay - even though I came out and everything ages ago.

I am excited about the new adventure that awaits... it's almost like when I was preparing to go overseas which I may do again and go teach abroad.

Onwards and upwards and free. (I know it sounds terrible and it's family etc... but toxic is toxic no matter who...

Thanks for reading. Just felt like posting... lol
    LW79

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reading your post and reflecting on this prior exchange we had, I share your view: "Wow!". This is the exact release that you need! Now it's time to take action and start to live your own life your own way! There is nothing holding you back, it's all in your control. Very exciting.....

3. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish I could say it improved but it hasn't and I am back in the dark space that has become my familiar home.

I admire those who get to love and live authentically... anyway...

Take care.