1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diarys?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kawaiipotato1, Mar 21, 2017.

1. kawaiipotato1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know this is a weird question but I want to know this. Are diary's a good way to record your feelings about your sexuality and gender? I am confused about my gender and sexuality and I'm wondering about recording my feelings about it every day in a diary.
    Do you think this is a good idea??

2. tickabox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think it's a great idea. Diaries can help you organise your thoughts to help you make more sense of them. The brain, mine anyway, doesn't process things in any order. There is definitely no harm in trying.

3. smurf

^

Our brains are really bad and processing emotions slowly. Writing them on paper allows you to slow down, process your emotions, and even give them meaning. What is hard is to be honest about your feelings. Allow yourself to write down exactly how you are feeling, try not to analyze anything right away.

This is also why a lot of people feel that EC is so helpful to them. Almost magically. This forum is one of the first places that people will write down their thoughts. Its powerful.

4. Mj5963

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Been an amazing help and I go back and re-read all the time and can we my own journey and I promise to always post to myself honest feelings

5. Embi

Embi Guest

Sure! Diaries are helpful to deal with all kinds of feelings. Sometimes it helps when you see your thoughts on paper. And maybe you can even make sense of your thoughts that way. Even if not, it's definitely not a bad idea.