1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boosting someone's confidence????

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by A unicorn, Mar 21, 2017.

1. A unicorn

How do you make someone believe in themselves?? I like this girl ( she doesn't know and I don't know if she like me either at least for now)she is very talented and she kinda doesn't think this is enough for her to be good enough. She focuses on her flaws. Which makes them more highlighted in comparison to her talent!! We are doing ballet together.. how can I help her? The teacher wants to help her too but she has failed till now because she can't understand her that well. Yesterday the teacher started talking to her about it during class to make her overcome it and she kept turning her head look at me and smile sarcastically to what the teacher said. Because she told me about it the other day while she was crying after class. How can I help her focus on her talent and let everything else come naturally to her without constantly thinking about it?(*hug*)

#1 A unicorn, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
  2. Really

I'm not sure you can. People need to learn to believe in themselves.

What if you asked her to help you out with some of the dance stuff? Helping others tends to make people feel good which then might boost her self confidence.