1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoric and Suicidal. Don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Aviator, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Aviator

I'm an FtM who's been struggling with Dysphoria since I hit puberty, so three years now. I'm 14 years old. I came out to my parents last year and they're not happy. Recently shit's hit the fan, I dunno why. I'm feeling more dysphoric than ever, and I can't even sleep at night anymore because no matter what position I'm always reminded of something I'm missing or unwanted parts. Panic attacks are more common than ever. A few nights ago, I suddenly felt the compulsion to kill myself. I wrapped my charger cord around my neck and pulled it tight for ten seconds, before I realized what I was doing and stopped. I don't cut myself, but I'm getting urges to. I asked my parents for therapy but they refused. What should I do? I know I need help, where do I get it?

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would like you to take a look at this website The Trevor Project and get in touch if/when you need support. The Trevor Project is a free service and place to talk when you are overwhelmed and they have resources for LGBT+ youth in difficult circumstances.

Don't bottle it all up. It's really important that you talk when you are at your wits end, otherwise the urges will become stronger.

3. Aviator

Thank you, really

4. matt4907

matt4907 Guest

I'm also FtM and I've struggled with the same thing that you're currently struggling with. I've dealt with intense dysphoria for pretty much as long as I can remember. It was so bad that I started feeling suicidal, but I didn't talk to anyone about it at all. In high school, I started cutting and had several suicide attempts. If I could go back 6 or 7 years and tell myself one thing it would be to never start cutting. I know this sounds cliche but cutting really isn't worth it. Yea, it might help for the short-term but you'll have those scars for the rest of your life and you'll be constantly reminded of it. The Trevor Project is a really great place to get the help you need. And it might just take a little longer for your parents to accept you, just give it some time. If they come around to it I would suggest asking them if you could go to a gender therapist who could help you deal with the dysphoria. I don't know if this is an option for you or not but you could also tell them that you've been feeling suicidal and that you really need therapy right now.

5. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm so sorry to hear this. You should realize that your life matters to so many people. You are a person of value. Having suicidal feelings is something that you should discuss with someone immediately. If things get hard, please call the: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. I don't know your situation, but it is important to realize that you are not alone in your struggle. I'm sorry to hear about the way your parents are treating you. Since your parents refuse to get you therapy, try to reach out to the phone number above and the Trevor Project. Also, please keep reaching out for help on this forum.

There are plenty of people here who will ease your mind and give you any advice that could help.

You stated that you deal with panic attacks on a daily basis. A list of certain things you can do to deal with panic attacks is to: distract yourself with TV or youtube videos, call a friend, meditate, write your feelings out, keep reaching out for help on this forum and other forums (if you have accounts on those sites), and other things.

I'm sorry if I couldn't help.

Please keep posting about your problems here.

6. raspberry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really sorry you're in this situation. I want you to know that you are loved and that you are valuable, even if the people around you treat you as if you're not. (&&&)