1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by musicheals315, Mar 25, 2017.

1. musicheals315

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I haven't been in any kind of relationship in almost 5 years, during that time I have realized that I'm almost without a doubt attracted to females or other non-binary people and possibly even FTM's. Because I'm such a homebody/introverted and generally quiet person, I've resigned to using online dating to find a relationship. My question is do I make it known on my profile or up front that I have never had any kind of relationship with a woman/person other than cis male or do I wait until any potential relationships begin to arise and wait for that type of question to come up? I feel like I'm lying if I don't tell someone or hiding that, but at the same time I have a hard enough time finding anyone who has an interest in me, that putting it out there may make it even less likely that anyone would show interest in me. It has been pretty clear that most women aren't looking for someone who's curious or new to being a lesbian, but at the same time, I can almost 100% say I have no interest in being with a man. Any tips/advice? I really wish there was a more natural way to meet people, but it just doesn't seem to work for me.

2. Bonteri

Hey there :grin:,
    If it were me, I'd just be full on honest up front. Let people know who you actually are, and if they like it, they will make advances. There is somebody out there for everybody, it just takes a long time for it to happen and a little courage.
    Think people would be put off by the idea that you were hiding something from them. Be honest, and see how it goes. Online dating isn't the only place that you can meet people, any one you meet in your daily routine could be the person you spend your life with, don't entirely restrict yourself to think that online dating is the only option :grin:.

Hope everything goes well,
    Much love and support,
    ~Bonteri <3

#2 Bonteri, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017