1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feel like im not moving forward

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, Mar 27, 2017.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi, I have made massive steps towards accepting my sexuality despite the fact that I have never been with a woman but I feel like the effort is in vain (I have seen a therapist, joined a support group, gone speed dating, gone to gay clubs, come out to my mom and a friend...). These are stuff I never thought id do but still I feel lost and as im not moving forward ...has anyone else felt the same way??? I feel like I don't find any of the lesbians I meet attractive/appealing to me

#1 CL1990, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you are doing the right things, and you are moving forward (even if you don't feel that way)! When I was at this stage, I had to experiment to find the right mix of meetups, apps, and sites before everything clicked. Different meetups, apps, and sites appeal to different people, so your goal is to find the right mix of them that have the type of women you want to date. Also, you'll reach critical mass faster with a broad mix (2-3 meetups/support groups, 2-3 hookup sites, 2-3 dating sites, 2-3 clubs, etc.). Keep on trying until things work for you.

#2 SiennaFire, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  3. Questions93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi CL1990,

I think im experiencing a similar thing. But difference is i'm a little behind you in terms of your achievements! A lot actually! So first off congratulations on doing so much, i know how it feels to think that you will necer fo those things and then somehow you do!

What i find is im trying to do those things so i get more comfortable with my self and when i fo i sometimes feel worse! Im kind of putting it down to the fact that as this becomes more real my anxiety goes up and everything is getting so much more complex and confusing.

I try to keep reminding myself that i am actually moving forward. That the proof is in the things i have done, that only a short while ago i swore i would never do!

Not sure if this is any help, but just look at how much you have done!!

4. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi CL1990. I'm really impressed with the steps you have taken (I wish I was that brave).

Maybe physical attraction isn't as high up the list for you as it is with other people. Maybe you need for form an emotional bond with a woman before you start seeing them in a sexual way.

I've always thought that the packaging would be the added bonus to meeting a woman with a beautiful soul.

5. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your all great! Thanks for your lovely words really appreciated! Ill keep going as it seems there is no other way possible :slight_smile: