1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MouthofMadness7, Mar 28, 2017.

1. MouthofMadness7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have no idea what is wrong with me but here it goes: ever since i was child (probably around 4) dry paint and things sticking out of walls or fences (like chips of wood) would bother me. I would peel off paint so bad that there would be no paint. To this day, it drives me crazy to see stuff sticking out of walls. It's just so imperfect to see a wall like that. Any advice? :help:

2. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have no idea what that is. But it sounds like a symptom of a psychological condition. It could be a fixation with paint, walls, or the visual appearance of things. My advice would be to seek the help of a professional who is skilled in conquering this urge. If you cannot afford help, I think you should try to search on Google any stories that you can relate to. I find that when I read stories that I can relate to, it feels more refreshing.

This sounds very similar to a hair-pulling obsession. I don't know the name for that. But there are plenty of stories on the internet with people that struggle with this.

3. Dan Runo

something similar i need to have things symmetrical it doesn't look right if things are asymmetrical. For me it was one of the few things i felt i had control of in my life.