1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting with guys even though I'm lesbian?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Venomyth, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Venomyth

So I know I'm sexually and romantically attracted to females and not with males, but I find myself sometimes flirting with other guys. I'm pretty sure I do this because it's fun and I might get something out of it... I know it's pretty bad and I'm trying to stop. I'm not bi-curious as I would decline an offer to date them. Do any other lesbians do this or am I the only one lol.

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Definitely not alone. Is it bad? Depends. Would you show them a good time? Is that all they are expecting? Would you be safe? If so, go for it! But you know, despite the stereotypes, we can get our hearts broken too. So be nice.

Does that mean you're "cheating" on all your sisters? (Assuming you are single.) Some militants (IMHO) would say so but I would call it just a little more 21st century fluidity. You're good to be concerned. Reasonable to ask.

But what do I know? I like flirting with gay girls, and don't get wound up if it doesn't go far "enough". Even got "lucky" a few times, and they were thoughtful lovers. But were a bit worried about their lez credibility. I guess it's all about not misleading people.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not bad if you don't mislead people....personally, I would not as I don't see a point. And I don't like when straight girls flirt with me, find it irritating as hell.

4. Eyerene

As long as you make it clear that you're not looking for anything serious from the guys, I don't see why not.

5. Lazuri

Flirting is fun! I do it all the time with everybody, but if I think they may be taking it too seriously, I mention that I'm really flirty by nature and people shouldn't read too much into it.