1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on an Older Gay Guy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ThatOneGayGuy, Mar 30, 2017.

1. ThatOneGayGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Before I start asking for advice, I'd like to give a little background of my situation.

Currently I'm in need of volunteer hours to graduate school this year so I am volunterring at the public library. However on the first day I went in to fill out the volunteer form, I saw him (Probably in his 40s) and instantly thought, "Wow. This guy might be the one." I thought this because A) He has a line of piercings on one ear (Dead giveaway when you live in a small town like mine where not that many people have piercings like that). Anyways, I put down the time I was in on the timesheet for the volunteer log. The day ended with me constantly looking at me. Acquiring his name as we introduced each other (As I was new to the team). Turned out we also had the same name.

To make sure he was gay for sure. I looked him up on facebook and found him. Turns out he is gay. Now...I'm the type of person that loves older men. I prefer them over the people my age (18).

My QUESTION IS: How do I strike up a conversation with him? How do I show him I'm interested? I ran through different scenarios in my head of how I could possibly give him the old fashioned wink. Or go up to him and strike up a conversation, but all these things wont possibly work, right? And I'm a shy person so that adds onto the anxiety.

I do however say hi to him and give him a smile, but that's about it. Then the whole me looking at him when he's catching my gaze continues throughout the day.

Any ideas? Please.