1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused by a coworker

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Browncoat, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so it'll probably be obvious from this, but I really am horrifically bad at interpreting signals from other people.

So, co-worker. We're acquainted, but I don't know her extremely well. Two random things happened today that made me question whether or not she was trying to signal that she was interested in me...

Firstly, she complimented my appearance - I know, I know not really that much of a thing but the way she did came off very...flirt-y, I guess. I kind of got the impression from the other guy in the conversation (who proceeded at that point to look down and smirk) that it came off similarly to him.

The second one... just as I was leaving she said "Bye -my name-, I'll miss you" and then blew me a kiss.. I mean, can that really be interpreted at all as "just being polite"? She definitely didn't say it in a sarcastic or even just normal "goodbye" way...it actually sounded somber. I was rather taken aback by it. Just smiled and said "see you next week" and kept on going.

Anyhow, I'm just wondering - am I way off base here? I know the first one can be easily interpreted as nothing, but the second one definitely got me wonder.

I also am seeking advice here, where often I would not for this sort of thing, because I do like this individual. If I knew she were interested to, well, I think I would probably ask her out. But I've misled myself so many times before.... should I just casually ask what she meant by her goodbye the next time I see her? Or just let it go?

I have bad luck getting replies to these sorts of threads but thank you anyway in advance for your help!

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One... is the loneliest number ...