1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost and unmotivated

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Taknii, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Taknii

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi. So, I'm 16 right now, and feel no motivation to do anything. It feels like I've literally lost all drive, and have no hope for my future. I haven't even washed my hair in weeks because I'm just like. Ugh, what's even the point you know??
    I always feel uncomfortable and self-conscious- probably because of my past of being bullied (A LOT). I don't have any friends, and I feel nothing towards my family- I don't see them much anyways, so I'm always alone. I'm not able to leave the house unless it's for school or going out with my mom (I don't live with her). I can't even remember the last time I've had fun or been genuinely happy. I used to be pretty motivated to get my school work done, but now I'm not at all. I used to love drawing 2-3 years ago, now I don't. I get irritated pretty easily now as well.
    I'm always trying to find a girlfriend to somehow fill some kind of emptiness I have but I feel like I'm too ugly to even find someone.
    Don't get me wrong, I want things in life- but they seem to only be things that would improve my appearance rather than my well being.
    I don't talk to anyone about it. Sorry this is kind of a vent...

2. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't ever worrying about venting, everyone needs to do it and it makes you feel better. Also, I highly doubt you're ugly.

If it's any consolation, I'm going through a similar situation. My depression has taken control so I don't want to do anything, but my anxiety and dysphoria wants me to do everything. My parents aren't accepting so I barely have genuine moments with them, and I'm doing quite bad in school because I don't do homework. I have also pushed all my friends away.

I haven't found anything significant that has helped me yet, so the best I can say is hang in there. If you live in America, you have two years before you're a legal adult! That usually comes with a lot of perks for people. Keep hanging in there and whenever you feel really terrible, come here and vent and talk to people, or go to somewhere/someone else you feel safe with. Watch some funny videos, or sleep. Do whatever you can to distract yourself.

Also, I always go a while without showering (bc ugh like you said) and then I shower and feel better for a little bit, so maybe try doing that. I'm sorry that there's no clean-cut answers for this kind of thing, but hang in there <3