1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Support

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ushiromiya Red, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Everypony,
    I am posting here because I honestly need some help or advice. Let me give you some background about my situation. While I won't be going into details but I will say that by a weird unfortunate set of circumstances I've been staying with my dad for a little over a year now.

Anyway, I kind of have a situation where im not fully out of the closet as a lesbian. The thing is my potential roommate kind of comes from a kind of religious family and I don't know how she or her family would handle it. I apologize if this doesn't make a run of sense. And of course I feel like im in a situation where I can't be my true self. I can't come out, don't know where to meet girls, suffer from depression, and stuff. I just don't know what to do. Any advice anypony could help with would be appreciated.

2. TheOneCactus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Where does your roommate come from university wise? have you met her parents? If this is your only available roomate option, I think you should wait at least 3 months til you come out, if not, come out straight away. I hope I helped out in some way :slight_smile:

Rainbowdash is the best pony

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2017 at 11:47 PM ----------

Where does your roommate come from university wise? have you met her parents? If this is your only available roomate option, I think you should wait at least 3 months til you come out, if not, come out straight away. I hope I helped out in some way :slight_smile:

Rainbowdash is the best pony

3. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think there are two things here that take priority - your safety and your happiness. These two things kind of conflict with each other, but it's up to you what decisions you make.

Of course I don't know the details, but if you think it might be okay, try lightly discussing the topic with your roommate. You don't need to mention anything about yourself, simply just find a way to work it into a conversation to hear her opinion. Second, not all religious people are homophobic (though of course some are). I'd suggest that if you feel being out will help with your happiness and you really want to, then start with your roommate and if she's accepting, talk about her family with her.

As for meeting girls, that's always difficult just in general. The worst kind of relationship is one you force yourself into though, so take it slow. I know it's painful and annoying to never be in a relationship, but you'll find someone at some point. Talk to people, go out, enjoy yourself. Don't worry too much about relationships, but you can always keep an eye out! :lol:

Either way, remember to stay safe, both regarding your mental health and the reactions from others. Be careful and slow. If anything I said doesn't seem like it might work in your situation - don't do it! Follow your instinct and you will make it through.

I hope this helped somewhat and I wish you the best of luck!

4. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you buddies for replying. It means a lot. Thank you for the advice too.

5. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Do you think you could other people who will be supportive of you? I'm sure there are a lot of accepting people at universities.

6. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I have supportive people like my professors at college. A few people have managed to accept my new identity