1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you tell if someone else is gay?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mia C, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,

I am very new to this, talking, even thinking, openly about my sexual and romantic orientation and am probably sounding ridiculous..

Ever since I started questioning, suddenly I've started noticing other girls around me and feel like there's this weird vibe - I don't even necessarily feel attracted to those girls, but I just feel like I look at them and know they're gay and they look at me and know, too. Does that make sense? Am I crazy? :grin:
    The problem is that I never find out, as well. It's usually in situations where it would be a little strange to ask ("Excuse me, supermarket lady, I'm looking for apples, also are you into men or women?")

Would love to know how all deal with this :slight_smile:

-Mia

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can't really tell with other women, sadly. Even straight women like to make eye contact and flirt- but to them It's about playing games. It's normal to do it with other women and they don't realize it being a sexual/romantic thing.

Sadly, only real way to know is to ask.

3. Naos210

Well, while there is the stereotype of more "boyish", masculine women being gay, that isn't always true. It can go either way, so really there's no way to know. Treat it as you would to a straight person.

4. Hitomi

Well there is something like a gaydar. Mine seems to work pretty well, but it's not 100% accurate of course.

If you're too shy to straight up ask, a good alternative could be dropping a hint about your own sexuality. (For example you could talk about someone that you used to know that you liked, or mention something you like about girls and so on...) If they are interested they should hopefully pick up on that.

#4 Hitomi, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017