1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NYC Pride Parade

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dyl pickle, Apr 6, 2017.

1. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am considering finding a way to go to pride this year, but I'm also quite concerned about things safety-wise. Do you think I should be worried? Also, does anybody know the security precautions they take?

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm from NYC and I can tell you from firsthand experience, there's a lot of security everywhere and it gets VERY crowded. Depending on where you are, you can have a lot of fun. it's very open and hot (weather wise), depending on your perspective. Don't be too worried at all, have some fun. Simple advice like be careful would do you just fine. it's a wise decision for a person around your age to have a group of friends with you, it is a pretty crazy city after all.

3. CameOutSwinging

I went for the first time last year. I'd say for anybody, going with a group of friends is a smart call. There's parts of the parade that aren't as crowded (example, my friends and I stood all the way down almost near Washington Square Park) and we got there early, so we had good spots to watch things from and generally didn't feel too overwhelmed.

Like with any big event, just watch yourself, watch your friends, and make smart choices as the day goes on. It's a really fun event!