1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by greenleaf903, Apr 11, 2017.

1. greenleaf903

Honestly, I've known I've been attracted to both men and women for years now. Like years and years. But I've always leaned more towards girls since I'm not so used to liking guys. No one knows about my sexuality. 99% positive a lot of my "friends" would stop talking to me if they ever found it. Long story short, I had a girlfriend that I really liked, we broke up (my fault) and I've tried finding and talking to endless girls but none of them really interest me. I feel like my liking towards guys is increasing because I always find myself looking at one and wondering what it'd be like if they were bi etc. Sorry if that sounds weird.

There's this one guy at my school who I think looks really good. No one really acknowledges him though. He's always on his phone or really quiet. I see him laugh sometimes or talk to a small group of people but not too often. I wish I could start talking to him to get to know him more. He's probably straight but regardless, I'd like to get to know him. How can I do this? I can't just start hanging around a stranger then ask for his number, then people would know something's up. This guy is really cool.
    :eusa_doh:
    Can someone help? Thanks.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey greenleaf903,

Do you have any friends in common with this guy that you like? If so, maybe you could arrange to get introduced to him through a mutual friend.

Do you know if the two of you have any common interests/hobbies? If so, maybe you could approach him and tell him that you heard that he is interested in whatever sport/subject/game/etc and tell him you’d be interesting in playing with him/talking to him/comparing notes with him about it sometime…

Does any of that help you at all?

3. wickedwitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi greenleaf903:

It might help to back waaaayy up and start by simply attempting to have casual conversations with him about anything - news, sports, weather, whatever - just to gauge his openness to being approached. If he is open, then continue with casual stuff and if you find a rapport growing you can continue from there. In other words, let go of the end-goal and just let things happen.

I think it's important too that you consider building a queer-positive support system for yourself because you seem to be alone in your queerness and coming out/dating/relationships have enough potential difficulties that being alone can add considerably to any stress. If you're at university there may be a campus LGBT office where you can get info on activities/groups that are potential sources for friends.

Good luck.

(*hug*)