1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she flirting/ does she like me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Suez32, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Suez32

So, i recently came out at the grand old age of 31, only to family not to friends or colleagues (although im pretty sure they know)
    Anyway early last year a new woman joined our company and i got the short straw of training her, (im not good with new people) anyway it was kind of different with her, i was immediatly being my sarcastic annoying self and winding her up, as the weeks past, everytime i seen her i just stared her up and down and realised i realllllly liked her. As i mentioned i was 31 and just "out" through speaking to her i discovered shes single, 48, doesnt (cant) have kids. We talked for long periods of the working day mainly because of our jobs being linked to eachothers, but it ended up being about each other and what we like, football rugby etc and our families, then a day or 2 before she was going on holiday she asked me if id miss her, and me being me, i was like no and laughed, when i actually wanted 2 say yessss please dont go. When she got back to work a week later we both gave the biggest grins to each other then i went the opposite way because she makes me soooo nervous. She also has a habit of licking her top lip when ever we speak ( not sure if this is intentional) and are overly concerned for each other (i wasnt well at work 1 day and she looked worried and kept coming to see me and the same with her) im not a touchy feely person in im not the type to touch her when we speak but she has done to me a few times, anyway the last day i saw her i said something sarcastic as usual as she was walking away and when i looked at her she had turned round smiling at me then went home. Sorry for the essay, im just really confused im thinking she likes me but at the same time im just hoping she does, any ideas?

2. Really

It sort of sounds like she does. Have you ever been alone with her outside of the work environment? Or noticed how she is with others? Men or women?

It might be interesting to see if she behaves differently in a different situation. Could you invite her to join you for your lunch break outside the office? Just somewhere casual but maybe quiet enough that you could have a real conversation. Not necessarily personal but maybe you could see if she exhibits more signs that she likes you. Eg. Leans in, touches you to make a point, smiles or laughs at your jokes a little more than they warrant, etc.

I'm guessing yes but you might need to be a bit bold in order to find out for sure. And if she does...let's get this ball rolling sooner rather than later. :wink:

3. Suez32

It was actually on a break when she asked if i would miss her whilst she was away and only the 2 of us there, she always laughs at things i say, most people do unfortunatly apparently im very funny/ dry sense of humor. She has call me sweetie a couple of times and ive never heard her use that to anyone else, with regards to how she is with others men/women shes different when she is with me now i feel like im over analizing everything :bang:

#3 Suez32, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
  4. Really

No. I don't think you're over analyzing things. You wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't out of the ordinary.

Do you want to see if there is anything there? Why not invite her to something? Are there any outdoor festivals happening? Or concert you'd like to attend? Why not mention it to her and then see if she'd like to join you? You don't have to present it as a date but you could pay for her admission and whatnot. :slight_smile:

5. Suez32

I dont think i could ask tbh, ive never been the 1 to be forward fortunatly ive always been asked out in the past, so i think if anything were 2 happen then its all on her, but now i wont see her for 2 weeks because were both off on holiday her this week me next week :icon_sad:

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why should you always let others ask you out? At least you know you like her, so maybe you should take the lead.

7. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There does seem to be some indication that she is interested in you! I would try to casually move this outside of the workplace. If asking her to do something after work seems like too much pressure, can you simply ask her if she wants to go out to lunch during the work day? This can be done totally casually, just ask her if she wants to grab lunch with you at whatever the local restaurant is. Plus this is a pretty normal question to ask a coworker. Coworkers who are friends get lunch together all the time.

Some people are just naturally the touchy feely type. But I know for me I don't touch people casually in conversation UNLESS I am attracted to them. Just not something I would do. So the fact that she does this could surely be a sign of attraction--unless that is her usual behavior with everyone. If she is attracted to you she may be hesitant to admit it because of the age difference between you. Also, some companies frown on coworkers dating, and some even have policies regarding this, so that could be a factor for her too (especially if she is relatively new to the company.) Best of luck and I hope everything works out!