1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM, need some advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SchizoBurrito13, Apr 18, 2017.

1. SchizoBurrito13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I came out to my group that i'm transgender, and the manager talked to me what I wanted out of all of it(Like surgery, T pills, etc.) and he got on the phone and told a psychologist that was assigned to me about it and everything.
    She came to my school the other day and we were talking on what I have to do before the court approves ANYTHING
    well one of the things was that I have to dress like a guy for over a year and I commente that that's been done for awile, and i got mad because she said that since i have long hair(i can't afford to get it cut) it doesn't count because long hair is considered feminine.

so any advice? I'm really frustrated about this.
    thanks, Skit

2. smurf

Yeah, its fucking dumb.

Basically, the rules were all set up by cis people who don't understand much about anything. The only way to get around this is to find a psychologist that actually understands whats going on and is knowledgeable about the different of gender, gender expression, etc.

The rule is that you have to dress like a guy for over a year, BUT it is up to your psychologist to decide whether the rule has been met or not. Its up to them to interpret what "dressing like a guy" looks like. A good psychologists would understand that you are a guy that just enjoys having long hair. This psychologists doesn't understand that.

Are you able to afford another psychologist?

Edit: I just saw the comment about not being able to afford getting it cut. Is that actually the obstacle or would you rather just have it long?

#2 smurf, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  3. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is ridiculous..... It shouldn't be that way... How about a man bun? Or keeping your hair in a hat or something? If you really do want it cut, how about asking your parents or a friend?

4. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Show your psych this manly man with long hair: http://i.imgur.com/edWBRUs.jpg

Joking aside, maybe have a friend or somebody cut it or go to a barber rather than a salon since those are cheaper from what I've heard. I'd say cut it so your psych will see the short hair and have a wig otherwise but prices are all over the board for wigs. Finding a different psych if you can sounds best tho. I hate this whole bs that some person can supposedly decide if you 'qualify' or not. It's ridiculous. If push comes to shove try this but definitely go to a barber or friend instead if you can't change psychs: How to Cut Your Own Hair (Men): 13 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

5. SchizoBurrito13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

Money is a big obstacle, the only reason I have a psychologist, is that the State says all foster kids have to have one

---------- Post added 19th Apr 2017 at 10:50 AM ----------

Don't mean to be whiney, but i'm in a group home, that pretty much is crap

---------- Post added 19th Apr 2017 at 10:51 AM ----------

thank you