1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you respond?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shasta, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is for short story. Not feeling this way. Let's say you find out someone you're aquatinted with committed suicide. Let's say you found that this person was deeply attracted to you but never told you. You suspected because you could "feel" their attraction towards you.

Let's say that person was being bullied because someone found out their attraction towards you and told everyone.

Again I'm not feeling this way.

2. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I would have an existential crisis.

I had a pretty long crisis after I found out, after about 6 months after it happened, that 2 of my friends that I moved away from for one year attempted suicide. For me, it came out of the blue, and I felt so disconnected from them, and I felt like a bad friend. They later told me why. One was stressed about being gay in school and lagging academically, so she ended up being homeschooled for a while. The other had her bisexuality rejected by her parents, and she was severely bullied for being overweight.
    I wondered if I would've gone down the same path if I had my first year of middle school at the same school as them. I wondered if they wouldn'tve attempted suicide if I was still there. It made me realize my stress over not sewing well in sewing club, waking up early, and having alot of homework wasn't that bad. While they have felt their loneliest that year, I was doing pretty well (It was the first time I could have more than 2 fellow Asian American friends, and I was so occupied with hanging out with new people, since the middle school I went to was much more diverse than the elementary school we all went to.) I felt like I wasn't there for them, when I should've been.

Sorry I went off on a tangent but I hope it inspires you at least

#2 skittlz, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
  3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would feel terrible but I also know It's not my fault if I didn't know. I wouldn't blame the victim either, although I'd consider it a tragic event.