1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to parents

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by analogue, Apr 22, 2017.

1. analogue

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, a few weeks ago I posted a draft for an email I planned to send to my parents. The gist of it was me explaining my stress induced depression/anxiety, my plans to quit school in the meantime and work, and my plans for the next year of my life (traveling across Canada).

I re-wrote the email to convey a less depressing 'story' (I was upset when I originally wrote the letter) and omitted the part I wrote about my sexuality. I finally sent it to my parents last night, sort of worried they'd be disappointed but also knowing they'll be cool/understanding. We ended up skyping for a few hours, and as both me and my sister thought, they were very supportive and very proud of my decisions in life (and how much I've done on my own already).

I came very close to coming out as well, but since I still don't fully understand my sexuality I kept it in. Last nights conversation really boosted my confidence though, and the next time I talk to them face-to-face (whether that be skype or in person- I live across the country from them) I will definitely come out.

So, not really an advice post, just a quick follow up!

2. Chronos

Chronos Guest

Good for you! You should come out in a moment that you feel most comfortable with your parents... but sometimes, you just need to get yourself to come out.

I glad that your parents accept your decisions, and I hope your happy where ever life may take you :slight_smile: