1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on my Lecturer

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by rosette, Apr 22, 2017.

1. rosette

Hi everyone,

Ok so I'm an adult, I'm in my 30s and I'm taking a college course which I am paying for myself. So I am definitely legal lol!!!

The moment I walked in on my first day, the moment I first saw her, my heart stopped. "That's the lecturer?" I thought... she was just stunning. :wow:

I only have her on one day a week but I spend every class in a trance just gazing at her. I love everything about her, every move that she makes, everything she says. I love her amazing cheekbones, her lips, her eyes, her skin.......... She is absolutely beautiful.

I knew I was bi but I've not acted on it very much at all. She is about the same age as me... and now I think she knows that I like her... I am SO embarrassed!!!

I don't think I'm the only one in the class who likes her, but I'm not sure if anyone else is as crazy as me about her...... because for me, it's not just her looks, but her personality too. I love her mind. Whenever I'm really attracted to a woman, she has to have a really sharp mind, and this girl certainly does!

I feel that she and I would be wonderful friends, not just lovers, but I feel we could connect on many levels. And when I was standing near her, I felt my pulse jump.. She does say flirty things and I think she is flirting with me.

It breaks my heart that we don't have enough time together, and once the course is over, will I ever see her again?!

However, I think she is a bit closeted too. So I want her to know that I like her but not to embarrass her or myself... now how do I go about it?!?!?!

#1 rosette, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
  2. Really

Do you ever get a chance to just chat with her? Even just briefly? Could you say something like, "Maybe next term we could talk more about XYZ (something you've found interesting). Oh, wait. You're not teaching me then. Rats. Could I pop by your office hours one day? Or take you to coffee?"

Make it casual. Find a way to get to know her more than just what you've seen so far.

Whatever you do, it would be wise not to initiate anything "social" until the course is finished. You don't want to jeopardize her job.

My 2 cents. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. rosette

Yes that's what I'm worried about too, I don't want to harm her career! But she is definitely a flirty person, that doesn't mean she is looking for anything serious though... but I feel we could definitely *have* something serious, if she was.....

When we were talking, she did that reeeallly sexy thing where she would kinda gently poke me a few times during the conversation, and I would just mellllt...

She has this really adorable sense of humour, and I just know we would be laughing together forever if we just let things flow!

I think what I need to do, in this instance, is to play it cool be smiley, be friendly and be as confident as I can. Mix well with the others in the class so there is no awkwardness cos I would hate that. She kinda let me know she would be around on other days too but I'm actually working on all the other days at the moment!

I just wish we had more time to talk one to one, but perhaps we can make time... a good thing should never go to waste! :wink:

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey rosette,

So why not see if she'd be willing to have a social meeting (tea, coffee, or whatever) with you after the course is over and after the grades are in? Maybe tell her that you really enjoyed her class and just wanted to socialize with her a bit, if she's willing. If she agrees, that will show interest on her part and if it's after the grades are already submitted, there shouldn't be any reason for this to potentially negatively impact her teaching career.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I am not sure I have any helpful advice but I just wanted to say I thought your post was sooo cute :slight_smile: it really made me smile.

Maybe you should tell her you need some help on whatever it is she teaches you, maybe you can get some 1 to 1 extra help :icon_wink haha

6. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ooh, good luck!!

I think what Quantumreality said sounds really good.
    Just wait until the year is over and she can't get into trouble for it. Enjoy the time until then and if the moment happens to be right chat with her and then when the year's over ask if she wants to catch up. :slight_smile:

Your thread made me chuckle, I have such a massive crush on my teacher as well.

7. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask her if it would be alright to stay in touch after your course is over. Even if you only exchange emails or become friends on facebook. If she says yes - great you've got a new friend. If she says no, no worries. You're not going to see each other again and you won't have to regret not expressing interest when you had a chance.

I've known tutors who have married students from their class after the course was over, so it's not all that taboo. Unfortunately I never got to be the object of any of my tutor crush's affections. They were straight so they ended up with some slag. Not that I'm bitter or anything. Good luck.

8. rosette

Hey, thanks everyone, especially silverhalo, I loved your reply!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I hope that's how my Lecturer herself would feel if she saw my post.
    I really, really like her and I would hate for anything to go wrong or to lose her friendship.

I think your advice is good, even if I don't really need help with my work, I can always pretend that I do in order to get some extra-curricular attention lol! It would be wonderful if I could stay after class one day for some 1-to-1 time......... :eusa_shif

My imagination has started running wild, but in reality I feel so shy and tongue-tied and have absolutely NO IDEA how to begin chatting her up... I hope I know what to say when the time comes, but any advice would be welcome!!
    Or I could just grab and kiss her when asking her for some help with my work (it was soooo tempting!) :eusa_danc

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha thats too funny. As much as you would like to im going to advise against stealing a kiss.... booo haha

I think if you could spend a bit more time around her where there is time to chat you would be able to get a better gauge on how she feels about everything.

You have to keep me updated, its like im watching a rom com.

10. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea, please keep us updated.

Since my teacher crush can never work out, yours kind of needs to! haha :slight_smile:

Good luck!

11. rosette

Ooooh, Thank you guys!!!! :grin: :grin:

12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its making me impatient hahaha.

:eusa_whis