1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask for help?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AbsoluteNerd, Apr 22, 2017.

1. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, so, I'm really bad at talking about my emotions, and I've been really sensitive to what people think of me since I was very little. How does one go about asking for help with emotional issues? I have no idea what to do, and I'm not even sure what I want to ask the people close to me to help me with.

You see, I'm normally a very confident person, but closed off. I've never been the type to be vulnerable to the people I love, and I'm afraid that if I keep whatever it is that's keeping me from enjoying life and doing good work inside, I'll end up doing something really stupid. Even opening myself up here is scary for me, but I don't know what's stopping me from being the best me and I'm scared and I feel alone even though I'm surrounded by people who love me...

I'm crying right now as I lay in bed typing this after midnight...how can I go about asking the people that I know are there for me to help? Anything at all would be appreciated. Thank all of you in advance for being here for me, even if it's just a few words to help me feel less alone.

2. grass

grass Guest

You can vent to me. Maybe I can give you some advice.

3. Najlen

If you have a close friend you can talk to they might be able to help. The best thing to do is just to go for it. Over text can be easier at first. Say that there's something you want to talk to them about, that it's been going on for a while and you want help. I know how hard it can be to open up to people, but you will feel better if you talk to someone. Keeping everything bottled up just isn't healthy. It sounds like there a lot of people who love you and will be there for you if you ask them for help. I hope you feel better soon