1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell me employer that I'm depressed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shasta, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm starting to make careless mistakes at work. I'm haveing a hard time focusing at work. I year ago i as diagnosed with minor depression minor spectrum of autism and feelings of not belonging.

I have done well until not. But now it's causing me problems. Ho do I tell her

2. grass

grass Guest

If your job gives you insurance, see if you can get help through that. Tell your employer that in order to be more productive, you need ( insert help thing here. ex. shorter work day, therapy, different hours, etc). Make sure that she knows that you want to do well at work.

3. wickedwitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi Shasta:

If you have seen a physician or counselor regarding the depression, what have they recommended as necessary to accomodate your diagnosis in the workplace? Usually they will write a letter outlining your needs; I think g robs has a good idea in that you will probably need to be specific about what is needed to help you cope.

Also, if you belong to a union, your collective agreement may have information regarding accomodations.

As well, if you work for a large employer you may have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to you and seeing an EAP counselor would be the first step.

Hope this helps.

(*hug*)