1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to cut my hair short (rant)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by artition, Apr 25, 2017.

1. artition

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I was young I've always wanted to cut my long hair short. I estimate my hair is a foot and a few inches long. Of course I want to donate it too. And I have always wanted to buzz it off and regrow it. Last year, I got an undercut because I had such thick hair and that was a big step. My mom, however, is against me cutting my hair buzz short. Because she doesn't want me to get a "butch" haircut. I have told her, mom, not all butch women have short hair. And don't always correlate someone's appearance with sexuality. She does accept me and always has but cannot see me with short hair. I want a short hair cut because my hairdressed has been raising my hair line (on the back of my head) and it looks really stupid. So this gives me a reason to cut it so it can grow out. :/ I don't know. I told her I'm cutting it all off after I graduate high school in two years.

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it. My hair was roughly down to my shoulder blades when I first got my head shaved.

3. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Go for it. When I was 9 I had hair so long I could sit on it and I donated it to the little princess trust. I got it cut to chin length so there was a lot of hair I donated. I'm hopefully (yas finally!) going to get my haircut this Saturday, from longer than my shoulders, to like a normal boys cut. You should do what you feel is right. I hope everyone supports you and your happy with your choice :slight_smile:

4. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you can tell her you gave it to a good cause. :slight_smile: If she's accepting of you in general, she might frown a bit but she'll get used to it. After all, it's only a haircut.
    I used to have long hair as well, longer than yours, and my mum caught me holding a pair of scisors in the bathroom and shouted "what are you doiiiiiinnnnnggggg". :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: She begged me to at least let her do it, because she wasn't trusting my skills. I was in high school back then. She cut it to a long bob and wouldn't cut more. So I chopped the rest off myself the next day when she was at work. It was a choppy very short cut. She was whining a bit the next days, now she's used to it. I have a long-ish pixie.

5. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd like to cut my hair off too, but I won't look good with short hair until I lose a little weight. So I am going to wait a bit.

Anyway, just do what you want. Your mom will get used to it.

#5 Assassin'sKat, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  6. janeausten

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'd say go for it. It's always tough to visualize what you'll look like but if you want to you should!

I'm sure it'll make her happy seeing you happy with your new do.

7. Really

Hey, I don't think you need to wait if you really want short hair. Before I cut mine, I had no idea how I'd look but a couple of things helped me decide to do it.

One was this little test that'll give you an idea whether short hair is for you.
    find-out-if-short-hair-will-look-good-on-you-with-this

And the other was that I had it in a ponytail a lot of the time and the stylist said that if I was used to it being pulled back, having it short wouldn't be a big shock. She was right. :slight_smile: