1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any gay people who believe in God?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CraikNakes, Apr 26, 2017.

1. CraikNakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was raised christian and I believe in God but before my mom passed away she said that being gay is not part of who i am and something happened along the way that messed me up. She said that I need to ask the Lord for the willingness to change. She said that she had an uncle who was gay for 40 years and finally became straight with God and now he helps gay men change too. I've been so confused and hurt since she left and I just don't know what to do. I want to love God but I feel like if I even try to love myself Im rebelling against him. I'm scared that God's mad at me. And since he knows all, how could I be right? I don't wanna go to hell. I just want to be happy for however little time on earth i have left. I really really don't want to be straight. I used to love who I was. Please help me.

2. rosette

Hey, yes lots of gay people believe in God!

I'm a Christian and I don't agree with homophobia.

I believe God loves all of us the way we are, He made us unique for a reason.

I believe that God only wants the best for us, and He wants us to give and receive love and celebrate the love we have for each other. Many other gay Christians believe this too. The Bible has been subject to a lot of misinterpretation over the centuries :slight_smile:

If your uncle wanted to change, that's great for him but it doesn't mean gay people all have to change. I don't believe that's what God wants.

God bless you

#2 rosette, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  3. Thomas Rhymer

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here's another one! There are more of us than you think.

If you Uncle wanted to change and found that he was able to that's great, but please feel under no pressure to change if you don't want to.

As rosette said, the Bible has been misinterpreted over the centuries, and was written for a specific audience, hundreds of years ago. Things are a bit different now.

There are even Churchs specifically for LGBTIQ people, which wasn't fathomable when the Bible was first written.

Remember God loves you no matter what. No exceptions.

4. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe in god and I'm ummm... trans.. The way I see it, god made you who you are. god made you gay, straight, trans.. ect... and you're only denying it if you think you can make yourself not who you are when you clearly recognize yourself as anything but what society makes you believe is the norm.