1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how does being loved feel?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by JakeSteven, Apr 27, 2017.

1. JakeSteven

how does it feel to be loved? I am just wondering how you guys perceive being loved. personal, I feel that I lack in this department because I find being loved as being smother.

2. Qwertuvle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure how to answer this. I know I'm happy when I'm in a relationship, and the idea that someone could love me is exhilarating. But I often end up just feeling like people deserve better, pushing them away, and it never really ends well.

Now I'm kinda just sad..

3. dcout

I agree with you on that, although I've never been in a relationship I've always wondered what it'd be like to have someone that wants you around.

4. The1nkling

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being loved feels wonderful. Knowing someone cares about you completely is a very comforting feeling to me. Of course, I don't have a significant other, and I'm drawing from memories of my parents, family, and friend's love for me. I should hope that everyone gets to experience this feeling in their life.

5. wickedwitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi:

I answered in the anonymous section. :slight_smile:

6. smurf

This is a very interesting topic so I love that you bring it up.

Feeling loved is something that we learn from our surroundings. We also learn how to react to people loving us. Love and the rules of love is not something that just happens, so everyone experiences it a bit differently.

For myself, I feel loved when I'm with people who accept me for my entirety as a person. People who appreciate allow my to be unapologetically me, challenge me to be the best version of myself, and support me when I'm feeling down.

If this is so, then it might have something to do with how you learned to accept certain kinds of behavior as love.

If you are feeling smothered, controlled or that you are sacrificing your own self for other people, then the behavior around you might not be what's best for you.

What specifically makes you feel smothered? Does it happen with all types of love or just romantic?