1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing friends, Breakup, Polyamory? help!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MichealStrider, Apr 30, 2017.

1. MichealStrider

Two months in febuary I broke up with a girlfriend I had for a year, I told her I was jealous but that wasn't the truth. I was very very depressed and when I came out as It no one fucking belived me. Now nearly three months later my best friends are attacking me and hating me, My depression is getting worse. Me and My significant others get so much shit right now it's unbelievable, I have two of them. Johnny and Marin and everyone I know is just hating us. I am at the point where I want to go back to that place where I was a year ago and cut more scars into my arm. I just lost my BEST friend.... I just..I'm really upset and want to die...Can someone please help me?

2. wickedwitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi MichealStrider:

I'd suggest you seek out help for your depression either from a mental health professional or a physician who can assess you. You may find that your ability to problem-solve in the other aspects of your life improves as the depression gets better.

Reading about and learning some skills may also be helpful. Some useful ones might be: setting boundaries, assertive communication, defining the relationship, and detaching from other people's behaviour. There's lots of info on the net about these things and they can help greatly with interpersonal problems.

But the first thing you should do is get assessed for depression - treating it may make all the difference in the world.

Good luck and keep writing if you need to.

(*hug*)