1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl problems

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FireAndRain, May 2, 2017.

1. FireAndRain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Me and this girl have had a "thing" for months, and by "thing" I mean that we've had conversations that have had us smiling, giggling, and blushing lmao. She acts very different and shy around me. On her Facebook, it says that she's interested in men, and the other day, she posted a status saying "so glad I'm single; I can't deal with men". I've heard stories about her talking to guys and whatnot. The point is that she acts different around me and always has. She blushes, smiles, laughs at everything I say, and brings up the most random topics as if she's nervous and doesn't know what to say. I guess she could find me attractive, but I'm very dumb when it comes to people liking me. I know that she has friends who are a part of the community, and that she supports it. Anyways, it hurts me to know that we both can't really do anything about it. We don't see each other much at work because we're in different departments, so we usually just quickly run into each other. We're always quickly running into each other which is weird. I don't know if I should message her on fb ?? What would I say? I feel like it would all be weird because we don't talk that much. I don't know what else to do. Should I forget about it? I've liked her for about 6 months which is just crazy. I've just been so afraid lol..

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, welcome to EC

Secondly, if you've liked her for so long, chances are that won't change anytime soon. It sounds like even though you don't see each other often, you have a unique "bond" and a lot of banter between you, which is a good thing.

I don't think it'd be weird for you to send her a Facebook message. But don't come out with the whole sack of potatoes at once. Ease her into it. At first, just send her a message to say hello and keep the conversation light and friendly. Slowly gauge her feelings about the community by bringing up LGBT topics.

The most important thing is not to rush anything. Just keep the conversations light and friendly and slowly work your way up to more serious things, like your long-standing crush on her. Now this might just be my inner romantic speaking, but for all you know, she's been struggling with the same thing for a while (Liking you but not sure how to approach you). Just relax and get to know her even more than you already do before rushing in and possibly scaring her away. Good luck, I hope this story has a happy ending :slight_smile:

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I agree. Also if you get on well at work even though you don't see each other much maybe you could ask if she wants to hang out outside of work that way you will have more time together.