1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chest Binding

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Iarilo, May 2, 2017.

1. Iarilo

I've glanced at a few chest binders online, but it occurs to me that I might need a little help. I'm an FtM looking to take a first step in expressing my true gender, and I thought that getting a chest binder would be a good place to start.
    I'm curious to know if anyone knows about any good brands, sizing tips, or has any advice on putting on, wearing and taking off chest binders.
    I'd be glad to hear any stories about your experiences with chest binders too!
    Thanks in advance!

2. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't chest bind, so I don't have any experience to give - but many of my friends talk about underworks. The site has a good reputation for that stuff. I think the site itself will tell you the measurements for the binder sizes, and I believe you should not wear a binder for too long? Idk. People with more experience could throw in their 2 cents, just, here's mine lol.

3. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently bought my first binder from ebay. It was pretty cheap and it suits me well. As for sizing tips, the size of binder is deduced by your bra size. Just type on google what size your binder shoul be and it should find you some chart.

Putting it on is a different story. When I tried it for the first time, I got stucked. Literally I couldn't take it down and for some time I thought I bought too small binder. It was kinda tight. Luckily that wasn't the case. The binder stretched up after some time and now take it on is much easier for me. I had to find my own way how to do it tho. But I'm not able to describe it here with my english :/

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a topic that comes up a lot around here. It's one of those topics that I should probably write a sticky thread on..

There are a few important things to make note of when looking for binders. The first is that it is from a reputable company. This is important becasue bad binders can really mess up your ribs. I've known poeple that have broken their ribs with bad binders. It is also important to following their sizing chart. Every site has different measurements. So it is important to check all of the sites sizing charts.

The most common companies that I see binders from are the following:
    underworks
    lesloveboat
    GC2B
    T-Kingdom
    ManScuplture

I'm sure that some members will add others. I know that I have forgotten some. The most important piece of advice that I can give you is to stay away from the cheap ebay binders. They can constrict your breathing. They do not have enough elasticity, so you also run the risk of breaking ribs in them. Many of the ebay chest binders are designed for cosplayers. They do not have to wear them as long, so they are not designed to be worn for long periods of time. FtM binders are designed to be worn for much longer periods of time. It is reccommended that you do not go over 8 hours binding though.