1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking about sexuality, but afraid of it?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Iliricon, May 8, 2017.

1. Iliricon

Hi everybody,

so I've identified a weird and incredibly annoying thing about myself. I am pretty afraid of coming out to new people, especially if they knew me "before". My boyfriend and I went to a market in town last month and a couple of old friends where also hanging out there. Even though I wanted to introduce my partner, I couldn't work up the nerves to do it. I am extremly bothered by that, but at least he has no problem with it.

On the other hand, I always want to talk about sexuality, especially mine. I will literally think about spouting "I'm gay" in random conversations which is extremly annoying (for me, I never actually do it :icon_wink). As conversation topics go, anything queer is always my goto choice, if I know I can talk about it with other people.

Is the second thing an overcompensation for the first? It's been less then a year since I've really come out to myself and to other people so I guess I still have a lot of issues to work through. Looking for experiences, especially with the question: "Will this topic ever really be normal for me?"