1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really envy lesbians.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lackey, May 8, 2017.

1. Lackey

It must be nice to not have to deal with men, romantically. From my experience, it can be really frustrating. *sigh*

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dealing with women isn't that easy either. Plus, a lot of lesbians find it hard to find romantic partners- most of our dating pool is crowded up with experimental straight girls wanting to use us as an object. Sometimes I envy straight women since It's easier for them to find relationships instead of being assumed they only want casual sex. Of course some men only want casual sex too, but they at least have more options for serious relationships (especially since straight men aren't ashamed of their sexuality, try to hide it, or even leave you for the other sex because It's "easier").

It's a grass is greener thing. I do understand why it would suck to deal with men too, but It's not a perfect option by any means.

3. Lackey

Sorry to hear that. Those straight girls sound very selfish. I hate when someone uses someone. It's sad that people don't respect others as human beings with feelings. I wish people would treat others like they would want to be treated.

Unfortunately, it hasn't been easier for me to find a relationship. In my experience, either I find out the guy has another girlfriend or wife or he only wants sex. Or I sometimes feel second best to his ex.

I guess you have a point, there.

#3 Lackey, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really sorry you dealt with some bad men too. Just goes to show there's a lot of crappy people in the world.

Trust me, I do sympathize with you too. I'm sure both sides have it rough in different ways.

5. Lackey

Thanks.

6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Plenty of lesbians have had relationships with men. I'm sure they envy you for not having to "come out" and lose privilege.

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh man. Bringing up the sort of guys who are just trying to use you, back when I tried to "play it straight" that's all I ended up getting. I can say I'm definitely glad I don't have to put up with that as much, though being alone sucks in it's own way.

I still get them approaching me from time to time and telling them I'm gay doesn't make them give up oddly enough. Sometimes it just makes them try harder to "win you over" or "convert you to the right way". Sure you can block creeps here on the internet, but in real life things just get too awkward. I wish they'd get the message.

The ones with intact sanity never really approach me in person though, it's probably a region thing. The more intelligent individuals in my area tend to be shy due to social pressures demanding them to play rough and stop thinking. It gives you the impression that all guys are like that, but it's just the ones who aren't are less vocal and pushed under.

Being gay in an area like this pretty much means always being alone though. People don't like you, people don't respect you. They tell you you're nothing and treat you like dirt. I'm sure it won't be like that when I finally move up to Canada, but having such a small dating pool will still mean being alone more than a "normal" person unfortunately.

As for dealing with the guys... Online, block em. Don't feel bad about it, they don't give respect, then they don't deserve it. Offline is a little tougher, but probably best to ignore them and not give them the attention they crave, they'll lose interest in time. It might take a bit to filter through the more vocal numbskulls, but once they're out of the picture it'll be a lot easier to find somebody who deserves your time.

Hope I helped, if any? Jeez, I can be wordy. Wish you luck though.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been told "Wow, it must be great being gay - you don't have to deal with women's BS at all!" To which I usually respond, "Yeah, which is why every gay guy in the world is in a wonderful relationship."

Lex

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm triggered.

10. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im sure I would be a lot happier having to deal with men than have to deal with coming out, discrimination and mainly been part of a minority group that is commonly target to mocking and abuse...

sorry if this comes across too strong but you have certain privileges given from birth that we need to fight for...