1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mental breakdown

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 1 lost boy, May 16, 2017.

1. 1 lost boy

Well I'm kinda having a breakdown but I probably just complaining over dumb stuff and I'm not sure if I even want anyone to comment or give me advice, I'm not sure if I'm worth the time. Im just complaining about my life. I was raised my entire life in the countryside and I just so happened to be lucky enough to be gay and a complete country boy I guess. Now that I'm older (22) I want to go to big cities and meet people and be a 22 year old but I don't know how to do that. I don't really have friends to go do stuff with either. I'm not saying I don't have friends I just don't have people to go out with. So I just stay home and think how I'll never meet anyone cuz I don't go out. I start thinking I'm meant to be alone. I'm better off. My life is already sucky so it won't get worse really. maybe it's meant to be just me, maybe I should just stay away from people. I can't just go do things by myself and try to make friends while doing it, because I don't like doing new things by myself because I have anxiety and get discouraged easily. Like I have dreams of having a family and a home and being content with life but it's just a stupid dream that's never going to come true. It's always just going to be me and I feel like no one cares. I just really hate my life right now and feeling like this. I keep going over all these thoughts like a broken record, maybe that's just it maybe I'm broken and can't be fixed...

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi. I'm exactly in the same position as you (albeit somewhat older). I plan to join some groups to improve my social skills and hopefully start reducing my anxiety levels.

Are there any lgbt+ groups you could contact? You may be able to meet up with an organiser before attending a group which may help reduce the stress associated.

3. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to think the very same way. Like I am a broken and can't be fixed. You see my anxiety goes along with my sociophobia. And well I decided not to care anymore. You see at least I'm an original broken record, that's my attitude.

Nobody is destinated to be alone. Trust even with my phobia I have three friends. And I believe you too going to meat nice people. You just didn't meet them yet :slight_smile:

My life sucks pretty hard too. But I keep being positive, when I'm taking out the positive stuff and focusing on it I feel better. Besides I believe there is happy end for everyone and personally I'm going to get it no matter what :slight_smile: Good luck, hope things get better soon :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 17th May 2017 at 11:23 PM ----------

Yep groups are definetly a good idea. Beating anxiety will be a challenge tho.

Ps.I'm sorry to tell you like this. But due to my stupidity I got restricted from posting on wall for 3 months. Which is why I'm not answering for so long. You were supposed to get a message but that obviously didn't happen. Sorry, pm you back at september.