1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont think I am cut out for this world.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ramlethal, May 17, 2017.

1. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't have what it takes to succeed and progress at things. And my will to live is waning. Is suffering in a world that you can't function in meaningful? Everyone always says that things will get better but I don't think that will ever be true for me. I can't even recall one happy moment in my entire life , so to expect one later in life is having high expectations.

I just don't want to hurt anymore and only one viable option just slaps me in the face all the time for trying to ignore it. I just want to be free. ;(

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Things do get better, Ramlethal. But that doesn't mean it happens by itself. If you're waiting for the "good things" to happen to you, and not working toward making the changes you need in order for your life to have more meaning to you, then I don't think it will happen.

There is no substitute for making change in your life. If you are not happy in your life, then YOU need to change it. That often seems overwhelming because it's often a large task with many moving parts. So, where to begin?

Make a list of what changes you would need to have happen in your life for you to be happy. It doesn't matter how big or small those changes are, just list them. Then begin. Break down large items into smaller tasks until each task is a manageable size. Don't worry about how long they take, just work on your list day by day, making small changes, and working through your list.

You only have this one life to live, and then it will be over. If you're afraid to make changes, then the first item should be to work on getting over that fear.

Change is hard. If you tell yourself that you can't do it, then you're right. Decide for yourself that you can do this, and then begin.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It doesnt get better and I am not waiting for anything good to happen but to be to free from suffocating pain. If I take my own life that would more than enough suffice.

What can I do? I do poorly at everything and with that success doesn't exist for me

I can't do academics , handle the tasks of a job , and etc. I might as well be dead.

Like I would know..

I want to stop feeling pain. That is all that is on my list.

Maybe this one life isn't worth living.

I know that I can't do it , I couldnt do anything before and I am still as powerless now.

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you need to see a therapist Ramlethal. It is a hard step, but can't hurt and may even help. Life can be horribly painful, but that doesn't mean we need to end it all.

5. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As someone who has attempted suicide twice, don't do it. Please. You have so much more value then you know, you have more people then you realize, and it can get better. You can get help. I regret my attempts more then anything else I have ever done in my life. I am still suffering from the consequences of it. However, I'm very glad it didn't succeed. I could have never guessed I would be where I am less then a year from then.

You should really considering going to your local ER. I realize it's scary but they can get you set up, either in or out patient, with people who can really help you. You won't be the first person to go in (heck, you probably won't be the first that night!) nor the last.

Feel free to post on my wall if you want to talk more. If you want to give me more specifics on location. I will see what I can find out for you.

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. http:// www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ (I've called them and they are very good).

The Trevor Project is a nationwide organization that provide crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth. http:// The Trevor Project

ETA: This thread has a lot of resources for English speaking countries, including the US:
    http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/general-support-advice/5962-gay-support-helplines-etc.html

#5 Mysteria, May 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2017
  6. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I already have one , not like that matters at this point. ;(

---------- Post added 18th May 2017 at 01:28 AM ----------

I don't have any value at all and I am just bidding my time. Maybe I just need to be efficient and there will be no regrets. I don't have anyone at all and I don't know what can get better. My depression and pain just continues to grow. I will be in the same place if not worse in a year

That wouldn't help , it would just make life around family more difficult.

7. Hunter8

Ramlethal,

My heart goes out to you. I too at times struggle with getting up each day and facing so many things that I would rather just stay under the covers and not face. But checking out of life is not the solution. It won't bring you peace. It will just bring you death, and it will only bring those who love you an unspeakable amount of pain. It is okay to hurt, and it is okay to admit that you feel like giving up. But it is not okay to give up. Your judgment is being clouded right now, and the pain is distorting the truth of the situation happening around you. It's like looking up into the sky and seeing nothing but storm clouds on a summer day. But here's the thing. The sun is still shining. You just can't see it at the moment.

I don't where you stand when it comes to faith, but leaning on Jesus during these tough times has been the difference between life and death for myself when I get to feeling like you do. He loves you JUST AS YOU ARE, and you can go to Him if you are hurting. Unlike people, He will always be there. He always has been in a million ways you'll never know this side of eternity. Your feelings may shift tumultuously as you travel through this life, but God's love for you is always the one steady constant. It never changes, and it never will.

I really do hope you find peace through living rather than dying. You will be in my prayers.

8. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't think I can find peace in living with the pain that I feel.

9. Islanzadi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As someone who has many people in my family struggling with severe depression, I can tell you this:

They all had the exact same speech as you have right now. They thought nothing could get better, that the suffering would never end, that no one loved them, that it wouldn't change anything if they were gone... A depressed brain makes you believe those things but guess what? It's not true.

Most of them attempted suicide at some point and those that failed and survived all had the same speech after:

They regretted their act the split second they commited it, and they were thankful that their attempt failed, thankful to get a second chance in life. They remembered the terror they felt when they realized they didn't really want to die, but it was too late, and only a miracle could save them.

And guess what? These people got their life back on track and now things are better for them. Things do get better.

10. swimmingfly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have personally been through hell (if you want to know you can ask). i would go through periods of showing no emotion and being completely numb to crying at the drop of a hat. i'm not going to give the whole inspirational speech because everyone says that. what i will tell you is: books. Books helped me so much when i was going through a rough patch. personally, i would recommend:
    Harry Potter Series (to escape the real world)
    Counting by Sevens (to learn how everyone else around you is thinking)
    Staying Strong (by Demi Lovato) (for staying strong)
    Flight (for imagination that cannot be stopped)
    The Book Thief (to remind you that even the worst evils of the world can be fought and conquered)
    The Poetry of Emily Dickinson (to remind you of the beauty of the world around you)
    Wonder (to learn that being different isn't a bad thing)
    Milk and Honey (to walk in the footsteps of a stranger)
    Percy Jackson etc. series (Rick Riordan in general) (to take you on an adventure and make you laugh)

Music:
    Missing you by All Time Low
    You don't own me by Lesley Gore
    Voldemort by With Confidence
    Hamilton soundtrack
    Waving through a window (from Dear Even Hanson)
    Hard times by Paramore
    Rose-colored boy by Paramore
    Thnks fr th mmrs by Fallout Boy
    Immortals by Fallout Boy
    Fake Happy by Paramore
    Blackbird by The Beatles
    Let it be by The Beatles
    Hey Jude by The Beatles
    American Beauty/American Psycho
    Iron Maiden (a metal band)
    Enter sandman by Metallica
    Don't need you by Bullet for my Valentine
    Mr. brightside by The Killers
    iSpy by Kyle
    Mama's broken heart by Miranda Lambert
    Follow your arrow by Kasey Musgraves

TV:
    GLEE

11. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I personally have felt the sting of depression twice. I'm not going to lie. It was one of the worst things to have ever befallen me in my life. However, one thing that always helps is to know that you are never alone. everyone here and EC as a whole are all behind you. Even if times are hard now, it will get better. We all believe in you and want to help you in different ways.

If nothing else, please look at my signature. I hope that it can inspire you.