1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling broken

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AbsoluteNerd, May 17, 2017.

1. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My gender issues are starting to affect my daily life negatively. (Note that this is not me asking for help with gender issues, but just a vent on other aspects of my life) My schoolwork is suffering, and as school gets out in less than two weeks, it won't be easy to fix. My general mood has become increasingly hostile around those I love, and my time is spent pushing away and ignoring my problems. My parents are getting increasingly upset with me, and have now threatened to remove "all privileges" over the summer. Unfortunately, that also includes internet access, and with this being the one place that I can truly be me, I don't think that would really help with my state of mind. I'm collapsing in on myself, and, like an implosion, the more I collapse, the more the collapse accelerates, and I am afraid of who I might become in the event that I collapse completely. My soul is broken, and I don't know how/am not brave enough to fix it.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you think that your parents would be open to you seeing a therapist? It sounds like talking to a therapist could be really helpful for you. It would allow you to have an outlet and they would be able to give you some advice on handling these emotions that you are feeling.

3. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably. I have talked a little bit, but not in-depth, about these issues with them, we started trying to figure it out, talked about getting me to a therapist, even started the search, but then just stopped and it fell into the background. I'm too much of a wimp to try to bring it up again