1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scared!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, May 18, 2017.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey guys, I have been going to a couple meetups in gay bars and support groups but there is this new one I want to check out but its just too close to my old place and, I don't know if its a sign, but last Friday my old colleague text me telling me that she was in that same pub.

I want to try it out but im getting very anxious and what is really getting to me is that im not only nervous as usual about going to gay gathering but now im also very nervous about running into some of my old colleagues (the event will take place in the top of a pub)...

this is more a rant than anything but I feel one day im going to loose it I cant deal with this much indecisiveness, nervousness...

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think your nerves are understandable. Is it a gay pub? Is the meeting in a separate area?

3. Really

I can understand your nerves. I think, though, that from the outside your LGBT/lesbian meetup will just look like any other social group out for a drink. If someone you know should happen to run into you there and you aren't prepared to say, "I'm here with the lesbians", you can always say, if asked, that you're having a drink with friends of someone you know. Not a lie because you know you, right?

And if it's a gay pub, bonus! Now you've got an ally! I think it's understood that what happens at gay events stays at gay events. Unless the person is particularly cruel or vengeful, you won't be outed by them.

Go and have fun. You've made the effort to find the group and sign up. Give yourself the reward of getting to go. :thumbsup:

4. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hahaha! thank you! I really like the "having a drink with someone you now (not a live because you know you)! great way to put it! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: