1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to disappear for a bit...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Robishere, May 18, 2017.

1. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So lately there's been a lot going on in my life and in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the life I have. I have amazing friends and family who support me and accept me for who I am. My parents help me out through everything, they bought me a car and found me an apartment near my university so I don't have to drive an hour every morning. My friends are amazing and none of them have every betrayed me in any way shape or form. I'm so incredibly thankful for the life I've been given, but for some reason... I'm just not happy.

I'm not suicidal or anything, I just want to get away from my life for a bit, y'know? I'd just love to get on a plane and travel somewhere for a while without telling anyone anything. Just me and my mind in a place I've never been to before. Maybe for a week or maybe for a month only I'll be able to tell in the moment. Am I crazy for feeling this way? I know it'd cause my friends and family to worry a whole lot and a ton of other things might ensue such as missing person's report or anything of the sort, but that's just the way I want it to be. I feel like it's the only way I'll be able to truly find myself and find out what I want in my life.

2. musicboy123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know exactly how you feel and I completely relate! I'm lucky to live the life I live, but I just want to go where no one knows me and where I can have some time to myself. It's not that I'm sad or anything, so I don't want anyone to pity me, but I'm just happier that way lol.

Saying this, I don't think it's the best idea to leave without telling your family because they'll be very worried and I can guarantee you don't want that for them. Maybe you should just try telling them your plans and they may encourage it. Best of luck!

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I often have fantasies like that. Is there something stressing you that you may not have thought of? Usually that is when I think of things like running away.

4. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That's the thing, they would never allow me to go somewhere foreign all by myself and even if I tried to compromise by telling them I could bring along a friend or something, they would never let me do anything of the sort. Which is why I vouch for leaving without telling them, but I guess I'd leave them something to let them know that I'm fine, that I'm just trying to find myself without any outside interference of ANY kind. I just want to do something for me, by me. I don't want to consult anyone, I don't want to ask for advice, I just want to go.

---------- Post added 19th May 2017 at 02:15 PM ----------

I guess there are some stressors that are pushing me to do this... It started out as just a random thought that I had, but now I'm considering it so seriously. To the point where I have been looking at prices and stuff.