1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undercuts

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sebby45, May 18, 2017.

1. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been so tempted to try an undercut, but am not sure if it is right for me. In general, what face shapes work best? How long do you have to grow it out before you can change styles?

My main concern is growing it out, because I hate having hair creeping down my neck.

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I've been a fan of this haircut for many years. Mostly because I was never allowed to get it, as it is quite masculine. I think it would work with a variety of face shapes - but perhaps not a particularly round one? Really short hair can draw out softer, rounder features. But if you have a More angular face it'd work excellently.

At any rate I don't think you have to worry about the neck creeping. Being nearly shaven on the sides and back should prevent it, as long as you get it cut every few months at most.

3. Najlen

I think undercuts work with pretty much any face shape. I have one that I touch up myself every 3 weeks because I like to keep it really short. Getting a cheap clipper and doing it yourself in the mirror is definitely less expensive, and it's pretty easy. If you let it grow out it would probably take between 2 and 6 months before you could transition to a longer hairstyle, depending on what you wanted.

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the replies. Do you think that your hair should be a minimum length before you get the undercut? Mine is quite short already, so I feel like I would have to grow it out a bit, but I'm not sure on length. Any pointers?

5. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm I used to have both sides shaved, like a thick mohawk, but my hair was too short to put in a ponytail, so without styling it just looked like it had no volume. The hair was falling and hiding the undercuts, so I just grew them out eventually. But if I had long hair, I'd still like them, I think.