1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for someone to chat with regularly.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dcout, May 22, 2017.

1. dcout

I've been searching online for a professional to talk to on a regular basis and they're either too far away or very expensive. My GP will only prescribe anti-depressants which is something I don't want to start taking.

Personally, I just think I need someone to talk to so I'm looking for someone that would like to chat via private message on a regular basis. It can be a two way conversation where we both discuss our on-going concerns and just be a way to let it all out. I'm not looking to meet anyone or provide any personal details, it'll just be an anonymous way to share our concers.

Feel free to send me a message.

Thanks

2. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Have you trying search whit "uk lgbt helpline" or "uk gay helpline" on google?
    I could find a bunch searching whit those words.
    > PFLAG Free Resources for LGBT UK < is a list whit free helplines.

I don't know if they have professionals through.

Maybe an admir/mod can tell if there is a professional member here on EC.

Sorry if this help isn't that you looked for :eusa_doh:

ps: you can only send and receive private messages on EC, when both are full members.

#2 Fishtail, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  3. BostonStranger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Dcout,

I'm a social worker, but I don't have much time in the coming months, nor is my speciality (refugees and posttraumatic stress disorder) applicable (I'm assuming), so I can't offer you the professional help you want. That said, if you just need someone to talk to, my door/wall is always open :slight_smile: