1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can a shy femme lesbian girl meet girls?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Melissajuice, May 23, 2017.

1. Melissajuice

Hey guys I'm 19 a student and have a full-time job. I don't really look gay at all, and I am attracted to other girls that don't really look very gay so that already makes things kind of difficult. I can't meet anyone at work where I feel somewhat comfortable because it's a really small business and most of my coworkers are 60 year old men. Im at least 10 years younger than everyone else there. I struggle socially quite a bit. I've only spoken to like two people in college since I started a year ago. I had a crush on a girl in my class and she said something out loud about how she had a dog and no one my age has their own dog but I do too. After class I went up to her and we talked about our dogs and what places we like to take them and stuff. It was really cool I did a good job talking like a normal person. Then I ran into her at another college in the area my friend goes to and she was working. This other college is frat, rich, 4.8 GPA to get into and everyone is really uptight and annoying there. My friend hates being there. She didn't say anything to me but the next class afterwards I told her I saw her and asked her how she liked working there and she said she didn't like it and the people were really annoying and I said, "If I had to work there I'd be researching chemical weapons haha". She laughed but never talked to me again and went out of her way to avoid me. I'm pretty sure she was straight anyways but we could have been friends or something. I say messed up stuff and freak people out all of the time. Maybe it's a nervous thing? Having a dog opens up a way for me to meet people. I'm pretty good at talking to people when I have my dog with me. There are always cute girls at the dog park, but again no one my age owns a dog. Usually everyone is 10 years older than me. It doesn't help that I look 15 years old and I'm sure people assume that my mom dropped me off to get the dog out of the house instead of me having a dog, a professional job, a house, and all that. I have a hard time approaching people and being so quiet makes me seem really boring I guess. I feel like it's actually impossible for me to meet someone. It should be this hard because I'm pretty cute and I'm a very interesting person. I mean, I'm 5'3" I weight 105lbs and I'm a D cup with a decent face and a good friendly smile. I also have a lot to talk about once I get past that shy stuff. I'm really into music and know a lot about it, I'm an artist, a poet. No one ever tried to speak to me though (if they do I'll talk about chemical weapons or say thanks when they say hi or something insane). I just awkwardly smile at people when we make eye contact. :slight_smile:

2. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol, you sound a lot like me, I tend to be shy around people I don't know well, I have a dog, the arts (especially music and theatre) are essentially my life and I hide my shyness/insecurities behind weird jokes. I'm still in HS though. I have no idea what I'm able to do to help, but If you need someone to talk to, I'm usually around

3. Islanzadi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I definitely can't help you on that, but I recognized myself so much in what you said haha!! :lol: I'm especially good at shouting out an inapropriate or awkward comment when I'm nervous... If you need someone to talk too I'm there :slight_smile: