1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Spot, May 24, 2017.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if this should go in the Health section, I guess it doesn't really matter. I don't exactly need advice on health issues anyway, it's a little different. I got my period yesterday and for some reason, I always feel really sick. I get these sharp stabbing pains in my very lower abdomen and they radiate upwards towards my stomach until I feel like I'm going to throw up, there's always like this background feeling of nausea on top of the pain. I actually have to double over and I can't walk properly when it happens, once I just had to lay on the floor because I didn't have the strength to get back up which is funny now that I can look back on it but it wasn't so funny then. Walking around is the worst because every step sends pain through my abdomen. And the thing is, I'm finding it incredibly hard to concentrate at school because heat packs, ibuprofen, paracetamol don't work and that's all they can give me, the pain is so bad that I can't focus on anything else. Even if I could concentrate, I just get this overwhelming feeling of not wanting to be there because when you feel like vomiting and like you're being stabbed in the stomach, you don't really want to be doing work on top of that.

And the easy solution would be to stay home but see, my mom doesn't let me do that. And usually when this happens, I'd be sent to the nurse's office and I'd sleep for a while but she'd eventually call my mom anyway. But my mom says not to bother calling home because no one's coming to get me. Not just for my period, for any illness I have. And see, I asked her to take me to the doctor to get stronger birth control or to see if there was something wrong with me but she said there's nothing wrong, I'm a drama queen, I have to learn to accept these things, etc. I know I shouldn't call home but it's Wednesday night, tomorrow's Thursday and I feel really sick. I put an ice pack on my whole...abdominal area but it doesn't do much, it's better than painkillers though because the cold actually numbs me temporarily.

Anyway, I think I'm really going to end up going to the nurse's office tomorrow. I just want to lie down for a little while. I'd just stay there if I could choose since my mom wouldn't have to know but I know that if I go, they're going to call my mom and she's going to be pissed. And I don't know if it's better to be in pain with no relief and feeling sick, plus the added discomfort of school (stairs, having to sit up all day, trying to focus, no effective pain relief, etc) or if it's better to have some relief, be able to rest at home but have my parents absolutely furious.

What do I do here? I feel so stuck :confused:

2. YinYang

Stress to your mom how bad this pain is. Try to get her to take you to a doctor. If she still refuses, maybe bring it up to your doctor during your next annual checkup?

3. ZombieGeek89

When you have your next check up with your doctor is it possible to discuss birth control? I know many women get birth control to help with heavy periods and period pain.

When I was your age I used to get heavy periods which were accompanied by a lot of cramp, hot flushes and leg pain. If you get those three things I'd suggest using a hot water bottle on your stomach instead of a heat pad as it'll help relax the muscles and cramp. For the hot flushes apply a cold towel to your head or regularly splash your face with cold water. Finally, for the leg pain, tye something like a scarf around the top of each leg - I have no idea why this worked but it helped a lot. I'd also avoid laying down for long periods of time if possible as it'll cause your period to clot which means more pain.

I feel for you having to go to school while feeling like that, I'd try and express to your mother how much pain your in - if that doesn't work then I'd suggest talking to your doctor about birth control or a pill that will help your period flow.

#3 ZombieGeek89, May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Skip school and go to the doctor. Ask the doctor for a note to the teacher that you're ill. And you're gonna find out what it is and maybe go home with a prescription.

You may or may not rub it in the face of your mom then.