1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going on a coffee date - help?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by neverguessme, May 25, 2017.

1. neverguessme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello.

I'm 18 and going on my first date tomorrow to Costa Coffee, I've only known him a few weeks but feel it's best to get meeting out of the way quite soon so that no unrealistic expectations happen and then we end up not liking each other. (I got a big crush on him not gonna lie)

Anyway, I've already invited him to stay the night because we get on really well and I'm not sure if this was a mistake, but I'm sure if I told him I was awkward or uncomfortable he'd go home because he seems nice like that, told me that he wouldn't come back to mine if my sister wasn't okay with it etc.

I'm taking safety precautions by the way, we've FaceTimed a lot and we FaceTime audio to fall asleep (I know, we're moving too fast) and we're meeting in public obviously. My sister is worried about him staying because I haven't known him long and in general she's never known about any boys I've liked so this is like me coming out to her all over again but she seems to have gotten used to the idea of him staying. I'm worried I'm not going to be what he wants and that I won't be good enough, he tells me that my looks or weight don't matter to him and that we have a connection irl is what matters, but I'm still worried because I've never been on a date or kissed a boy so obviously I'll be worried, he knows this and said that if we continue "dating" that he'll take his time and never make me do anything that I don't want to do.

Does anybody have any further advice for me?

Thank you :icon_bigg

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Relax and take it one step at a time. Don't order anything with real strong odors or flavors like garlic and onions...