1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complicated crush

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by thinkanddream, May 26, 2017.

1. thinkanddream

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sooooo there's this girl...oh god I sound like a cliche

Anyways there this girl who I work with. We've been friends for about 2 months.
    She's about 3 years older than me, but we went to the same high school (I'm 20).
    The thing is she's really cool. She's confident but is so so friendly. She's sooooo funny and I love that. She makes me laugh everytime I see her. And she's so smooth it's ridculous. She plays soccer and she's amazingly hot. As you might tell, I have feelings for her.
    We've messaged quite a bit in the past few weeks (she messaged me first and continues to message me) and everytime we are both rostered on, we always chat. We like all the same shows and other than her telling me, I'm almost certain she's gay too.

After writing this all down, I realise how ridiculous I'm being. She's always ignored my ever-so-slightly flirtiness, she treats me like a friend and to be honest, how can I have feelings for someone I've never really spent time with outside of work.

Problem: Next week, she is leaving for a 4 month trip to America. And for half of it, she won't have internet or phone.

Major problem: For some unknown reason, I really want to tell her how I feel. I guess I'm holding on to the idea that maybe she might like me too, but has been to shy to admit it.
    But even if she did like me back, she still has to leave.
    If I say something, it would be unfair to her because she would be left with this burden of my feelings and potentially would become uncomfortable around me.
    And if I don't say anything, it's kinda unfair to me because I will seriously spend the next 4 months thinking about her, which is super unhealthy.

Someone please give me some advice...I'm drowning in the unrequited love songs playlist on spotify.

2. Really

Why not tell her to have a great time and send you a text letting you know how she's getting on, when she can, and that you're looking forward to hearing all about it when she returns?

Then find yourself a project to occupy your time while she's away. That'll help time fly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. SomeUsername

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't recommend telling her right before she leaves. If you do and she doesn't feel the same way your relationship will be stuck in a state of awkwardness for four months. I agree with Really, you should just stay in contact as much as you can, keep yourself occupied with other things, and consider telling her your feelings once she gets back and there isn't any time pressure.