1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picking Up Where I Left Off

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 4ever Hearth, Feb 26, 2013.

1. 4ever Hearth

I have recently decided to go onto college to pursue a degree in Medical Science, Psychology to be more specific. Now I know this isn't an urgent issue but the problem i'm having is finding that the road isn't as smooth as it would have been had I just went straight from high school. Also I am hoping to stay on campus(possibly temporarily, until I save enough for an apartment) since I am only 21 and dnt see it as that big of a deal. I was hoping that anyone could give me some advice on how I should go about this situation. I genuinely want to continue my education and feel that I am ready now(I didn't go straight out of high school because I was dealing with too many anxieties at once and I felt that I would just drop out). So, someone, anyone please :help:

2. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know what you're asking. You're young enough that there hasn't been a big gap in time. I have experiences and opinions on the subject and can try to answer something more specific.

3. Labyrinth

Hey don't let yourself get overwhelmed about going straight from High School. I think so many people feel pressured to do that, and yet, its such a young age to make life altering decisions! I think you made the right choice, so don't doubt yourself. At your age no one is going to know the difference of a few years! I think if you are interested you should go through the experience of living on campus. It will make your life easier in a lot of ways and is a valuable experience to have!

4. 4ever Hearth

@Labrinth: First, thank you for being reassuring. :icon_bigg I'm still partially "uncomfortable" with the idea. Not really because of age but more so because of resource. It would be astounding if I could pull all of this together and get it to work since it would be nice to go to school and get away from home and possibly develop some semblance of an LGBT identity, better yet, individual identity overall.

@Chloe: My issue here is how do I follow through this process with the lack of resources(i.e Testing since me and my G.Counselor couldn't stand eachother so I avoided her like the plague and Recommendation letters) afforded to someone who is attending college straight from high school?