1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entering LGBT Community

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Labyrinth, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Labyrinth

So I am new to this. I've always considered myself a straight female but recently I have noticed myself being attracted to women more, and in hindsight I find it's something that's always been there. I've never had the opportunity to explore this more, at least not anything that has fallen in my lap. I am curious about learning more, but I feel a bit anxious about joining a LGBT community in my area. In all honesty, I wouldn't know where to start. Even if I did, I think I might feel pressured or awkward, not knowing exactly how I feel about it all from a relationship standpoint. Can anyone offer some good advice about how to have more experiences with no pressure or what it might be like to join a community like this? Any clues of good places to meet people? Thanks x

2. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Chika,

Im kind of in the same boat as you... only thing is im gay and i know it but dont interact well guys... eg..when i go to a gay club im ignored by guys and surrounded by chicks and some times pick up a bird instead coz guys. dont think guys like me ...

anywho, when i first got curious about guys... i made a gay mate online (i didnt know any gay people) met up with him and we kicked it and he then told me his story and then got me to meet his friends...

just a point of advice... try and get a friend who only sees you as a friend and nothing more coz when your new to it..you only want a friend and not a stalker

All the best Pretty Lady

#2 Winfield, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  3. LoveMusicPoetry

Yep, I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I am on the verge of joining a local LGBT soc and a friend who works at my college is going to introduce me to some of her gay friends, so I have someone to talk to hopefully etc. I must admit though, I do feel really awkward and nervous, like I'd stick out like a sore thumb and I'll probably manage to embarrass myself in some way. It's very scarey atm for me, I feel completely out of my comfort zone. I know I'll be ok though, I'm pretty resiliant...and LGBT people are only normal people, just like me....................

4. Labyrinth

Yeah I like the idea of finding a friend in the community first to show me the ropes so to speak. But, the only one I have of the female persuasion just moved. Not sure if gay men could really be a great source of advice on lesbian relations, but hey what do I know?

5. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just the same! I want some gay friends but have no clue how to meet any people in my area.

6. ethereal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because it seems like everyone responding is saying the same thing, I might as well do it too. For ages now I've been trying to make gay friends but I'm still unsuccessful. It's incredibly frustrating.