1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do u know

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ems, Mar 3, 2013.

1. ems

ems

How do u know if ur depressed ?

2. bellinghamwa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good question. Whenever I felt depressed, I either was really mad (things like punching holes in my door, etc.) or felt like a void like... physically and mentally exhausted for no reason. Usually when I get mad, I end up in the void state after I wear myself out.

3. ems

ems

Well I feel down generally. Not seeing the point of life tbh .

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are a few indicators. If things that you usually enjoy aren't really enjoyable anymore. If you find yourself brooding about negative things. If you're finding it tough to get up and do standard stuff that didn't used to be a problem. If you keep thinking "what's the point" or something similar.

Lex

5. Ianthe

Often, you will feel flat and sapped of energy and emotion rather than actually sad.

6. wocket

wocket Guest

if you are feeling differently enough to be asking this question, it might be time to talk to a doctor or a therapist. Even if it isn't clinical depression, talking can help. Asking for help is ok, and there is no such thing as being "sick enough"

7. 4ever Hearth

For me it starts as a slight pain in my chest for the physical version but once I start acknowledging the thoughts or emphasize on them, suddenly it feels like my chest caved in on itself yet I can still breathe though it literally hurts to and it feels like my heart was sucked from my body into vacuum space. And the remains of the cavity just feels cold and empty. Suprisingly enough, I don't lose sight of happiness or the point of life. I just see other people living and it's like with every "happy" person, another part of me chips away into vacuum space.

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Common signs and symptoms of depression

Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. A bleak outlook—nothing will ever get better and there’s nothing you can do to improve your situation.

Loss of interest in daily activities. No interest in former hobbies, pastimes, social activities, or sex. You’ve lost your ability to feel joy and pleasure.

Appetite or weight changes. Significant weight loss or weight gain—a change of more than 5% of body weight in a month.

Sleep changes. Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping (also known as hypersomnia).

Anger or irritability. Feeling agitated, restless, or even violent. Your tolerance level is low, your temper short, and everything and everyone gets on your nerves.

Loss of energy. Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained. Your whole body may feel heavy, and even small tasks are exhausting or take longer to complete.

Self-loathing. Strong feelings of worthlessness or guilt. You harshly criticize yourself for perceived faults and mistakes.

Reckless behavior. You engage in escapist behavior such as substance abuse, compulsive gambling, reckless driving, or dangerous sports.

Concentration problems. Trouble focusing, making decisions, or remembering things.
    Unexplained aches and pains.

An increase in physical complaints such as headaches, back pain, aching muscles, and stomach pain.

9. ems

ems

Thanks for the reply s guys . I'm just struggling with things at the moment . One min I'm happy then the next for next while I'm struggling to get up in morning s , thinking what's the point half of the time. I have been hurting more lately .the trouble is I'm scared to go to my doctor, I really don't want my family to find out.