1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F-ked up already?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Revan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was talking to this nice guy and definitely enjoyed talking to him, but just cause i msged him perhaps more than i should of...i get "just a little too much man" and I'm now just wondering if I messed up already. Did I screw any shot I have with this guy or is it more if he stops contact it's not really my fault and just isn't the right guy. :S

2. photoguy93

In my personal opinion, the ball is in your court right now. If he took the time to tell you this, then I think he just wants it to slow down. If he didn't really care, I think he'd probably just not respond, at all. But what do I know. Do you guys still talk?

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well after he said he was studying and said talk in a bit, he hasn't msged me since. I left him alone monday night but also didn't bother msging him yesterday. I dunno whether to wait longer or if now it winds up rude :S

4. Ianthe

Just send him a message and apologize for coming on too strong, and let him know that you'd like to hear from him if he's interested, but you'll leave it up to him.

Then leave it up to him. Just, by letting him know what you are doing, you make it clear that you are still interested and not mad at him. That way, if he's interested, he'll contact you.

5. photoguy93

Well.....I absolutely hate to burst your bubble, BUT...... I think he's probably not going to be that interested. I've done this too many times before - I message too much, the guys back off.....and never message. It is a two way street. You could try and apologize or ask what's going on - but it might not be worth it.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Already said sorry like five times. I think it might be best for me to just wait a few more days then just msg him and say hi. Just "hi".

7. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    dude,

when i get to many texts from the same person.. it becomes too much and i blacklist their number ... hate to break it to ya kid but i think this guy may not reply...

i could be wrong im just talking from my own experiences.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if he doesn't then I guess he missed out. I'm still going to msg him this weekend, but if he never responds then it is what it is, his loss.

9. photoguy93

Ok - see, this is a great learning opportunity.

That attitude won't get you anywhere.

And wanna know how I know that? Because that was me.

Who am I kidding? I still can do that. Look, I used to get SO ANGRY. HOW THE FUCK could some guy not want to talk to me all the time? I'm amazing - I'm fun! I'm sexy! (So I thought...)

Frankly, I was just lying to myself. Yeah, I am a great person but I was actually being kind of a clingy bore. When I would get these guys to talk, it wasn't very fun.

What you have to do is you have to find your strengths and what you give to a relationship.

Now, I am still single. However, I don't care as much anymore. I don't get so upset. I either just delete the guy and don't worry about him, or I wait for him to come to me. I recently deleted a bunch of guys off my facebook and it actually has helped.

I want you to not make mistakes that I did or that I am sure a lot of people did, ok?

10. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i find it funny how ^^^ is giving advice to someone older than them :roflmao:...

"i come in peace" :thumbsup:

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yah well when you are trying to compensate for a lack of self-esteem by going after a relationship all the time, it's kind of hard to not have this attitude.

12. photoguy93

Would you just prefer I didn't say anything? Sorry... I just don't really know what to say to that. Just trying to help.

#12 photoguy93, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  13. FemCasanova

If age always equals wisdom, then I guess I should quit asking my younger sister for advice, considering I should know it all myself. People have different experiences and learn things at different stages in life. There`s nothing funny about someone caring enough to give advice because they want to help. I thought Photoguy`s post was a really good one, so I don`t get the humor here to be honest. But hey, George W. Bush is older than me, so I guess he was right about everything as well. Not to mention he couldn`t possibly have taken advice from someone younger than him :icon_wink

---------- Post added 6th Mar 2013 at 11:55 PM ----------

I agreed with your post. It was a good one, sometimes we really ought to stop and reflect a bit on whether our luck in the love arena can possibly be improved by making some small changes in how we approach it.

(*hug*)

14. Bree

Having a relationship won't cure low self-esteem. It will only make you much more vulnerable to dependency and abuse, because you'll believe what you are told about yourself. Work on your sense of self first, relationship after.

...and for the record--clingyness = not attractive. If someone's being too clingy, I'll warn them, and then I'll stop talking to them, because they're both annoying and somewhat creepy.

15. FemCasanova

Ah, but then I get it.

This is something that is really common, but also really unhealthy. But I guess you already know that, so it`s probably not something new. I`ll write it anyways though, I am as guilty as any other person of bad habits, and compensating for lack of self-esteem by being in a relationship constantly definitely is in the bad habit category. Because then you never fix the actual problem, you show your dishes under the bed instead. Which leads to a whole new set of issues, like people backing off due to them getting the impression you are a bit clingy.

However, most people have this habit and don`t realize/admit it to themselves, but you do. Which is great, because then you have the awareness it takes to actually work on it. Self esteem is important, some of us seem to have been born with loads of it, some of us have some problems in that area, most of us have at least some confidence issues. But both self-esteem and confidence can be learned and strengthened. And I recommend that, because or else it will sabotage how you create healthy and stable emotional connections to other people. A lot of the relationships out there die because there are issues like co-dependency and insecurity in the picture.

And you deserve a healthy relationship without that (*hug*)

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well first off, photo guy I was somewhat offended by the post but same time I asked my friend who is 19 for help in figuring out what might be a good thing to do, so I appreciate the advice. And if I'm being honest I think I'm good now because really if he's going to freak over this now...he would not be a good relationship possibility. Yes clinginess is bad, though I never had intentions in my msgs to him to be clingy, it was intended as a joke and it's funny cause i made a similar joke earlier in the day and he laughed so clearly it's odd he takes those posts as too much so I dunno. It still might be a good thing that it didn't work.

Now perhaps this thread is going to turn into something else but pretty much I already dealt with the abuse and don't want to go back. My previous boyfriend did not physically abuse me but because i didn't want to be single again I went around twelve months (it was a 16 month relationship but the abuse didn't really start till five months in). It involved everything from like mentioned, me believing what was said about how i need to change, to ultimatums threatening break-ups unless I do this or that. I don't want to go back there again.

I think though it is difficult because I do enjoy relationships when they work and there has been one or two that worked well but they ended it because of personal reasons (the second one may have been clinginess though...first one definitely wasn't). So it is difficult to try and force myself to focus on myself because I love being in a relationship so much, it's just nice to share your life with someone (as long as they don't become your life) plus I've tried doing things to improve including trying to lose weight but it's unfortunate because I feel like I won't be happy until I have a damn six pack and defined pecks but I really don't see that happening since even with my high intensity workouts I'm still not getting enough work out to muscles to start building them up...

It's all just...difficult.

17. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

gees where's the sense of humor? i only said it coz ive never seen/heard any one take advise from some one younger... thats why i said "i come in peace"

lighten up ... yikes lady no need to be so serious:eusa_naug

18. No, I don't think you fucked up. Maybe you went a little bit overboard. Maybe just text him a little bit less

Edit: bro, I hate to burst your happiness bubble but maybe he isn't interested.

#18 Skittles Hugger, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
  19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you really read all the responses you'd see my most recent one that it's probably my best interest just to forget about him because clearly if it would've been a good relationship in the future, a flip out at the very beginning of friendship wouldn't have happened (even if it was my fault). Still it's a sign to not pursue or bother.

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Sorry, realize this might come off a little rude. But your comment wasn't necessarily the nicest either. Especially when you say "sorry bro to burst your bubble" yet you claim you read all the posts which my last one prior to the above post did say I'm just not going to worry about the dude.