1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A guy likes me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by vhrebels, Mar 4, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hi! So, today at school I heard this guy talking about how he thought that I was cute. I've never actually met him, and he's in 12th grade and I'm in 11th grade, so we don't really have any classes together or anything. None of my friends know him. I would really like to get to know him, but I have no idea how I could start up a conversation or anything like that. How could I start up a conversation with him? I'm really worried that it would be awkward or whatever. Also, is it hard to find gay guys? I'm semi attractive, but I'm really worried that I would never meet another guy that would like me.

2. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    maybe pretend to walk into him (best when he is alone) while at your lockers? or in the hall way... thats how i picked up in school and it worked every time...it was with girls... but im sure it doesnt make a difference

#2 Winfield, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Start slow. Say hi in the hall or whenever you see him. If he's not a facebook friend, see if you can make him one. See if you see any positive signs.

Lex

4. Lewnatic

Add him on Facebook. If you have him already and just don't interact with him, then like a couple of his profile pictures or even pop up on chat. Facebook is just wonderful for stuff like that at your age.

5. therunawaybff

"Hey, I heard you think I'm cute. I think you're pretty cute too. Want to get a coffee sometime and compare notes?"

:grin:

6. Lewnatic

No one says stuff like this in real life...

7. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agree. Smooth lines like that work if that kind of thing comes naturally to you (i.e you have that rare complete natural charisma that allows you to confidently sidestep social conventions such as getting to know the person first :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), but most people will simply hit a wall trying to say it in person, and if they manage to say it online, can come off as creepy.

Just introduce yourself as normal. Talk about shared interests or school, get contact information like Facebook/cell #, things will probably go naturally. You guys already have some chemistry.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You do when you get to my age. We call it "cutting through the bullshit". :slight_smile: But yeah, I wouldn't expect someone under the age of 25 to do so.

Lex

9. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If a guy came up to me and started sprouting cheesy lines I would think it was adorable.

10. photoguy93

Is it hard to find gay guys?

Is the pope catholic and retired? :slight_smile:

Finding gay guys is one of the hardest things to do. They won't come after you and you have to always find them. So, if you know of a guy who thinks you are cute, I'd suggest going for it. You just cannot expect anything to happen!

11. therunawaybff

I was being a smartass. Sort of. But surprisingly, smooth lines work better in real life than you'd imagine.

(Personalized mix tapes too.)

Even to someone that you have a pretty good idea is interested in you already?

I mean, I wouldn't try to be smooth with some random dude I met out at a bar or something, but if it was a guy that I knew - beyond a shadow of a doubt - said I was cute?

Fuck yeah I would be a cheeseball. I find humor to be a remarkable icebreaker in almost every case.

12. MapleCross

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope you will pardon me, but you sound a little shy and possibly insecure. Are you generally out to others at School. If you are you could think of a friend who knows you both introduce you to each other or even arrange for you to go out on a date.

If you do not have this friend then you should simply smile at him any time you see him and say Hi most guys will respond to a smiling face and a pleasant greeting. Once you are on greeting terms,then you can go up to him and talk with him and just say something simple like " would you like to meet up for a coffee any time soon?"

13. Ianthe

Hmm. It says you aren't out at all, which complicates things. Is he out? What was the context in which he was saying you are cute? Is there reason to think he's gay? Why were you able to overhear him saying this?

This is one of those situations where it sucks to be closeted. If you were out, your friends would cooperate in arranging for you to be around him.

Is there a subject in school he's known for being good in? You could ask him to help you, if he's known for being good at something, especially since he's a year ahead of you.

Do you have any mutual friends?

Does he participate in any extra-curricular activities that you could join?

If you have a copy of last year's yearbook, would there be anything listed there that would tell you what sorts of things he participates in?