1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, I just need some help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cecil, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Cecil

My friend of a freind just cut herself. Two of our group when to stop her a while ago and help her. Everything if just fucked up and I don't know what to do to help!:tears:

2. I really don't know how to help, but the best thing you can do is be there for her... It sounds like she's probably going through a lot. I don't know if she really WANTS anyone to talk to her but it can't hurt to be there and be supportive if she really needs it. Just don't pry because that can lead to her locking up. Sometimes it just helps to know that someone's there though... I'm sorry that this had to happen to you and your friend... :frowning2:

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is a site on the internet called the Butterfly Project, you could check it out & use it to help her, this is a technique they get people who cut themselves to try!

The Butterfly Project:
    The Rules are:
    1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
    2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
    3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
    4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you’ve killed it. If you don't cut, it lives.
    5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.
    6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
    7. Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The butterfly project is a good help if she'll go along with it. And the best thing you can offer is to simply be there for her. Tell her if she'd rather talk than cut, that you're available 24/7.

Lex

5. Cecil

Thank you. We will check it out!