1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Tired. Help?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MerBear, Mar 6, 2013.

1. MerBear

okay so for the past 2 days, i only got 7 hours of sleep....

I've been really busy with school, i have to do my research paper,spanish and chemistry
    and i just can't keep up but the other day,

Me and my Ex skyped till 2 in the morning which obviously threw me off by a lot....

so after we skyped , i didn't go to sleep till almost 4...because i had a lot on my mind and not to mention, i was really sick and so i had to wake up at 6 to go to school and take my ACT but got home at 1 so then when i got home around 1:30 , i fell asleep for an hour or 2 but then had to get up to do homework and stuff....so

last night, i didn't go to sleep till 3....and woke up i think at 5 then went back to sleep...and finally woke up at 6

this morning, i was so tired, i was kept falling asleep in 1st block then i got to 2nd block and did the same thing but i only passed out for 5 min because my teacher told me to stay awake....but i could barely keep my eyes open,

I went to spanish and passed out near the end and got yelled at

Now i am home and i tried to sleep but then my teacher called up my dad saying how i have a ton of make up work to do while i have my research paper to do and chemistry....

i have no energy left, i keep yawning and my eyes are really watery every time i blink....and i can't concentrate

I think that skype call threw me off..

what can i do to stay asleep?
    i have to do my homework but i cant do it, im way too tired and my dad wont let me go in my bed and lay down

2. campervankid

sounds to me like you just really need to get some sleep. Have you tried explaining to your dad that you will probably get your homework done faster and to a much better standard if you are more awake? Also I'm sure I heard somewhere that being in front of a computer keeps you awake for longer. I think the key is to relax so try not to worry then you should fall asleep faster. :slight_smile:

3. MerBear

yeah, he doesn't care unfortunately

4. newgirl31

In my high school and college days it was common to stay up multiple nights with little sleep. Then my body would crash over the weekend to catch up. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

There was a recent thread on her with tips to sleep if it is a chronic problem but this just sounds like a case not typical for you. You should take care of yourself though. I get sucked to the Internet too..old or new drama I use as a distraction. But probably like you, I know when I am not prioritizing :wink: like now for example, I am supposed to be applying for jobs but instead I am tied to EC!

It really does help to unplug from electronics an hour before we want to go to sleep. Reading puts mind mind in a relaxed state. (*hug*)

5. MerBear

i need my laptop for my research paper s and homework....i have no choice....

6. newgirl31

Well yeah I get that..but I mean once the actual homework is done..try to unplug. Because I end up going off on tangents on the web and doing stuff I don't need to unless I intentionally shut it off. :wink:

Then if you read for an hour your mind is refocused on calmer things. Like I can end up on FB looking at ex's and getting stressed..then researching stress on wiki...then typing in the wrong thing and looking at that random google search...then all of a sudden I have spent hours on the web when I was done with my actual work long before. And often I get my second, third wind if I stay on the computer or texting or even watching tv sometimes.

7. MerBear

yeah, i do that....but sometimes me and my ex spend hours talking ....
    we haven't talked in a month or 2 and finally are talking again....but we both give each other space throughout the day.

we talk when i get home (later in the day) or we'll talk at night

its one or the other because we live in 2 different states. she's 2 hours behind me so its hard managing our time differences

8. newgirl31

Well I am sure she wants you to take care of yourself so she should understand if you need to take a night or two off. :wink: it is hard for me to back away a little from this I get so intense... But I am working on "balance". It was a foreign concept to me at first haha.

9. MerBear

yeah me and are discussing right now. she understands

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Ow, sounds like me. I usually Skype with my friends until ungodly hours in the morning, like 2 or 3 am, and go to school the following morning.. and usually we get to school, both (or all of us after a big group call) exhausted, not wanting to do anything. I have homework that was due last week and I still haven't started on it, if that.. says..anything.

Definitely try to go to sleep earlier? :/ I know it's difficult to close the computer haha but once you do, and maybe take some allergy tablets, benadryl which has diphenhydramine, which makes you all sleepy and things. It usually knocks me right out. Or read, or do your homework before you go to bed since it'll make you tired.. I guess.

11. MerBear

thank you! :slight_smile:

i have homework that was due months ago so it says something

12. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Missing sleep frequently during the week often requires more than a weekend of sleep to catch up on. Chronic sleep loss can take as long as a couple of weeks of good sleep to truly make up for. The problem is that the effects of lost sleep (cognitive impairment, mood issues, etc) can persist even after the feeling of fatigue has subsided.

13. MerBear

really? i didn't know that.
    im trying to catch up on my sleep but its hard