1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self-Prophesizing Friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cynicite, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Cynicite

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey all, it's been awhile!

So my roommate and good friend keeps declaring that we're not friends and that I hate him in a half serious/half joking tone. When he first started saying it I kept going along with the joke, but when he kept saying it I figured he might actually be feeling that way. I reassured him that I still thought of him as a good friend, and that I didn't hate him at all. I hung out with him whenever I got free time, neglecting some of my other friends to prove it. But now every time I try to go out and hang with my other friends, or even to go out to eat or spend time alone, he makes these comments like "Fine, i'll just stay here...alone." and "Oh, well. I guess I'll be here then."

I really don't know what to do. I'm tired of feeling guilty just because I want to go out or have time to myself. On top of that, recently he's been between overly obnoxious and completely distant. I feel bad saying it, but I'm tired of being around him, especially when he's in one of those moods.

Any thoughts?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talk to him and see what his issue is. But overall, don't feel guilty for anything. It's not your job to make him happy; it's his. I hope you can fix things with him, but whatever the outcome, you shouldn't let him get to you.